We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatorland?

Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Gatorland?

Is Gatorland worth the price of admission? And should I take the Lynx bus there?

Do you pay to park @ the lot in Gatorland or is it free parking?

Thanks

How long should I allow to see most of Gatorland? Thanks

I will be traveling solo

Do they have any alligator feeding times and educational lectures etc?

Mentioned in this post
Gatorland
Gatorland
4,825 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatorland?

Gatorland is lots of fun, as long as you're not expecting something like you'd find at one of our other theme parks. It's been in operation for more than 50 years, and is a good taste of old-style Florida. Be sure to see all the shows they offer, which are included in the price of admission. There are a couple of extra things you can add on, like a behind-the-scenes tour and sitting on a gator to get your picture made, each of which cost $10.

Parking is free. I don't know anything about the bus, but you could check the Lynx website.

To do everything at the park shouldn't take you more than 4 hours. You could do it quicker if you rushed through, or you could linger at exhibits and take longer.

Here's a discount coupon: http://gatorland.com/parkhours.php

Mentioned in this post
Gatorland
Gatorland
4,825 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatorland?

Thanks for the helpful info and coupon, I printed it out to take with me.

If you ever need to know anything about the New England, Cape Cod, Boston area just message me :-)

Thanks again for the helpful tips/info

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatorland?

Considering you'd spend a similar amount for a 30 minute airboat ride where you might not see one I think it is well worth the price of admission especially if you've never seen them up close. It's really quite remarkable especially the boardwalk through the breeding marsh which offers amazing up close gator and bird photo opportunities. It's only a half day outing. Say 3 or 4 hours. Parking is free. They have a few shows http://www.gatorland.com/shows.php The Gator Wrestlin one is probably most worthwhile and has an educational aspect. They've got a lot of add on extra cost opportunities - feedings, pictures, zipline, etc.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatorland?

Well worth a visit IMHO. It is a great place to spent half a day. Just don't pay extra to go on the Gatorland "Express"....which is just a very slow train ride round the park and not worth doing! Parking is free.

Mentioned in this post
Gatorland
Gatorland
4,825 Reviews
Orlando, FL
south wales
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatorland?

Don't forget to try the gator nuggets and ribs for lunch - tastes more like pork than chicken :)

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatorland?

We love Gatorland. Its a good 1/2 day place. The guys who do the shows are hilarious and are not afraid to laugh at themselves. Haven't done the new zip lines yet, but will be going next month.

7. Re: Gatorland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:19