We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Stawell, Australia
Level Contributor
544 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Hi

We are a family of 7 coming to Orlando for 9 nights in December 2012 (finally after our trip was unavoidably postponed late last year). I know its early days but I am a meticulous planner.

After trying to find accommodaation in NY and constanty being advised of scammers I am so nervous about booking accommodation in Florida, although from reading TA it appears that if I book through somewhere reputable like VRBO and ask for advice I should be okay.

So I would like to know if anyone has stayed at, or heard anything about this villa.

Thanks so much

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

There are so many homes in the area the chances of finding someone who has actually stayed in a particular homes aren't that great.

However there are many people here that have stayed in other homes and some that are owners so can advise on ways you can ensure you have a good experience.

You can check the owners actually are the owners of any home you are thinking of by checking the county site records-property appraiser,tax collector and official records-these sites will tell you whether the taxes are all up to date ,who the owners are and where they live -information which you check by asking the owners to confirm -and whether there are any liens outstanding on the property.

You can ask the owners for references from previous guests and the name of their managers so you can check for yourself that all is above board.

Make sure you read the contract they send you thoroughly and are happy with it .

Never be afraid to ask the owner any questions-any owner worth their salt will not mind answering them at any tiime.

Keep a line of communication open with your chosen owner and be clear about what payments are needed and when .

Ask when the photos were taken so you won't be surprised if the furniture is not as portrayed when you get there.

Enjoy the hunt -the process is not as daunting as it seems and in recent tiimes the majority of problems have been caused by companies failing to provide accommodation rather than individual owners.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Hi,

You've probably already booked your villa by now but I just wanted to let you know that we stayed there as a family last year. We booked our villa through owners direct and it was beautiful, so clean and spacious. The community is so quite and is a mixture of holiday homes and year long residents, we felt very safe there. Eagle Pointe is literally situated 5 mins from a Walmart Superstore and a abundance of restaurants. I think you will have a wonderful time :) We have just booked up in the community adjacent to Eagle Pointe called Indian Point. If you haven't already booked I will be happy to pass on the property ref for our villa last year. The couple we dealt with were superb we wanted to book with them again for 2013 but unfortunately they were already booked! I hope this has helped :)

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Sorry to jump on your thread but we are also looking to stay on Eagle point/Indian point in Dec 2012, any recommendations would be a great help.

12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

We are staying at Eagle Point in December too. Stayed there many years ago and it was great. We have also stayed at the Davenport end too but we thought that was too far away from everything so we're going back to Eagle Point.

Not long to wait now.......excited!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

I am considering visiting in June and was looking at Eagle Pointe. any further comments or experiences?

thanks

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Just got back from Eagle Point on 29/12. Had a great time, Eagle Point was a lovely place to stay, nice and quiet and felt very very safe. Our villa looked onto a lake and had a great view. If you need anymore info please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Also staying in a villa in Eagle Pointe in May, cant wait!

Stawell, Australia
Level Contributor
544 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

Just an update. Have just returned from our stay at this villa and were very happy. The owner was quick to respond to emails and happy to answer any questions. House itself was wonderful - huge, clean, comfortable, everything we could want, great location 5 minutes from walmart superstore and just short drive to restaurants and other shops. Think it took around 20 minutes around 830am to get to the disney parks. Quiet housing community mix of rentals and owners very peaceful. Highly recommend.

9. Re: vrbo 161691 -Eagle Pointe Villa - experiences/recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:15