We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
342 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

12 more sleeps until family of 4 headed for our first trip to Disney staying at POP! Who else is going the last couple weeks of Jan? We chose this week since it Is supposed slow season but by the looks of wait times on my iPhone apps, doesn't seem to be slow to me. 60-120 minutes for a ride! YIKES!!! What is normal wait times for popular rides for last weeks of Jan?

pa
Level Contributor
54,023 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

Those wait times seem high. The Hot tickets are Toy Story Midway Mania @ Hollywood Studios. Soarin' @ Epcot. Expedition Everest @ Animal Kingdom and Space Mountain @ Magic Kingdom

Take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours and understand and use the Fast Pass system, you will be fine with a basic Plan

It might be more crowded this weekend because alot of schools are off tomorrow so folks took a nice 3 or 4 day holiday :)

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

We are going in 6 sleeps, we usually go around this time and we always have low crowds. Like partypa said there's a few rides that don't matter what time of year you go they'll be crowded. I wouldn't worry about it after all you'll be at disney! Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be even if it's waiting in line

chicago
Level Contributor
179 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

8 more sleeps and we'll be at Pop!

According to the crowd calendar this weekend's levels were at a 7 on a 1-10 scale. The last week of January is at a 5 for Saturday and a 3 for Sunday so it should be much better at this time! Check it out here! I've been checking my iphone app every day too!

easywdw.com/category/…

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

Just got back......It was pretty crowded just so you are aware!!! I do not think there IS a slow season any more at Disney!!! But you just have to get to the parks for oprning and you get on every ride and use the fast pass system it will be ok!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

Just make the most of Fast Passes if it is busy when you go. Hope you have a great time!! :0)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,759 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

Don't forget folks that it's "summer time" in the southern hemisphere; folks from South America countries are on summer break right now.

I agree that 60 to 120 minute wait times are very high for January, but planning is the key.

1. Get to the parks at rope drop and get as much done before 10:30 AM as you possibly can.

2. Learn how to make efficient use of Fast Pass and get as many early in the day as you can; at least for now, you can use them any time later in the day.

3. Disney resort guests make sure of Extra Magic Hours at the parks, while non resort guests avoid the EMH parks on the designated days.

7. Re: 12 MORE SLEEPS- is it really off season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:18