We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who do you recommend??

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
who do you recommend??

I am looking at flights to Orlando (MCO) for my family and I for a 2 week holiday in August. We went to Disney in 2010 with Virgin but this time need flights only as accommodation is sorted through our time share. I would prefer to fly to MCO again and not Sanford for transfer distances mainly! I have been looking at all different companies and have found a non direct flight with BA for around £2500 for the 4 of us which I find pretty reasonable, its non direct from Heathrow to Miami then on to Orlando, what are none direct flights like?? we've never done 1 before. We can fly from Manchester or London. Which companies can you recommend for a good flight service Virgin are astronomical prices. Obviously direct flights are better but we are willing to give none direct flights a go if they are feasible.

Thanks

Jo.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who do you recommend??

One stop flights are fine as long as you have at least a 2 hour stop over to get through immigration and customs. It is then very straightforward getting out of MCO as you will be on an internal flight. We often fly indirect if the price is right. We won't go through Miami though as Miami airport is a nightmare. Try Delta through Atlanta or US Airways through Charlotte instead.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who do you recommend??

Just booked some through BA for£540.00 eacg from Gatwick in August. DIRECT.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 14:45
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who do you recommend??

what dates in august did you book Derek. I've just looked at BA.com and August flights are coming out over £800 each

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who do you recommend??

Thanks for the heads up on the 2 hr stop over never even thought about clearing immigration on that leg of the journey thought we have all that to do when we arrive at Orlando and actually leave the airport!! Will look into other stop over airports other than Miami then. Thanks

Jo.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who do you recommend??

Fly out 22nd Aug and we return 7th Sept. We booked about ten days ago.

Wales
Level Contributor
404 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who do you recommend??

Be very careful about booking indirect flights especially with the American companies as they change their schedule without notice, we are flying American Airlines Manchester via New York to MCO and our schedule has now been changed 3 times and each time giving us less time to go through immigration and security.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: who do you recommend??

Begs the question, why will you fly past Orlando to Miami and then back to MCO for the sake of an extra 1/2 hour in the car or on the bus from Sanford, thats crazy.

Speaking logically. + Sanford is so uch quicker to get through customs wise.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 19:34
Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: who do you recommend??

I am wondering why you consider flying with BA on a none direct flight through Miami at all (awfull airport) . As you appear to living in Bridlington you are not that far away from Newcastle where you could get a direct flight with Thopmpsons. Manchester your nearest biggest airport . Has Thompsons. Monarch. Thomas Cook & Virgin doing direct flights. But if you intend to use BA via Miami this will be a 2 stop journey . You might be much better off using BA from Manchester to Tampa this is only a 1 ;20 min easy drive . You might spend more than that time waiting for a domestic flight to Orlando. And then have different baggage rules . Miami is a 4 hour drive and about an hours flight. It will be a long day . Even longer if you decide not to use Manchester and do the long drive to Gatwick.

Other services through Manchester which would be a One stops, AA via Chicago. Delta Atlanta, (don't use JFK ) US air Charlotte. Air France Via Paris. (usually cheaper because you dont have long haul passenger air duty on those flight, just the european payment. Any of these would be better than the 2 stop BA Manchester , London ,Miami , Orlando.

Unfortunately BA does not fly anywhere direct from Manchester

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who do you recommend??

BA Do a direct flight from gatwick to MCO. Another option is aer lingus. My family members have used US Airways said it was fine but BA would be better as its no other stops and its seatback entertainment all the way.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who do you recommend??

BA do fly a Direct service From Gatwick. But for more than Half the country this is a One stop Airline. Gatwick for many of us is a 4 or more hours drive away which makes a long traveling day, if you drive even if you fly from Manchester ,Edinburgh or Glasgow does not shorten this by much, its also more expensive. Its only none stop when you get to the London airports. If your are unfortunate and have fly to Heathrow there is one hour shuttle bus journey to take to Gatwick which also cost extra.

You are far better Using a American carrier and US hub airport if you are going to do one stops . And fly from Manchester, Glasgow, or Edinburgh ,

And these tend to be Cheaper than BA ,Who cares weather there is seat back entertainment its only a fringe benefit . And if the real cost of this were to added to your ticket most of you would not want to pay for it

BA are not the national flag carrier for Britain except in Name only . Their not even British but belong to the Spanish airline Iberia.