We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes in walmart

ireland
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes in walmart

We will be in Orlando staying on I drive in may for 3 weeks. We where thinking of buying our holiday clothes when we get there (shorts , tee shirts etc). Looking at various options we have decided to try walmart on our first day as we will be doing some general grocery shopping. There is a big one on turkey lake road not too far from our hotel. Are we right on walmart or is there another hidden gem we are missing?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,620 posts
1,875 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes in walmart

Just for basic clothes, Walmart is fine.

For anything more designer go to the outlet malls.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes in walmart

Marshalls top of I Drive

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes in walmart

I wouldn't recommend Walmart for clothes, try JC Penneys, Target and as someone else said, the outlets. You'll get much more choice and a nicer selection than Walmart.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes in walmart

Well, Walmart has clothing, but if buying your holiday clothes here is the plan why not make the first day a shopping day and do it right by going to the outlets where you'll have tons of name brand selections

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes in walmart

We usually visit the first "Bealls Outlet" or "Ross Dress for Less" when we arrive to buy our holiday colthes - they both have a rather good choice, Ross perhaps more so. Then we go back and put our warm clothes in the luggage and dont look at them until we travel back. As you dont pay much for clothes in those shops, we usually drop what we will not be able to wear back home at a Salvation Army store before going home. Google the shops for their locations, you will find them almost everywhere.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,197 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes in walmart

walmart is fine for basics, but is not great overall in terms of style. for instance I use it for sweatpants, Ts, underwear, Pjs etc. I have bought mens shorts and swimwear there as well as basic Levis. I also buy water shoes, flipflops etc.

For better stuff I use outlets and Macy's. I buy very little clothing in JCP (a sweatshirt and T this year).

Bealls is good for basics too and they have over 50's discount days on Tuesday I think if you are and bring a photo ID..

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes in walmart

Can someone tell me where Bealls is located and how to get there on public transport,is it a shop or a mall ?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes in walmart

There is one at the Loop and one at the Osceola Square Mall in Kissimmee that I know of. I have no idea how you would get there by public transport. Someone may be able to help you with that but only if you tell them where you are travelling from.

Bealls are department stores, personally I have never had any luck finding anything worth buying in them, I prefer JC Penneys. sorry amanx :)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes in walmart

If you want to pick up groceries and a few clothing items to tide you over until you can get down to some serious shopping, our DD (who takes such matters VERY seriously) often buys things like little sundresses, bikinis and tops at Target. She never shops at WalMart.

For a major shop DD likes the two Premium outlets.

I can only reference DD's likes because I'm hopeless in the clothing department!

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes in walmart

And if you are under fifty you get 10% discount at Bealles Outlet on a Friday but you have to have one of their One Cards to do it now - it is a reward card so just fill the form in. They used to just give the over 50s 10% off on one day (I thought it was monday but I may well be wrong) and the under 50s 10% off on the Friday. But now you have to have one of their reward cards to get that extra 10% off.

Di