We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Fast Passes

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Traralgon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Disney Fast Passes

Just a quick question regarding fast passes. There are five of us, 2 adults and 3 children. If we all get a fast pass for a ride eg. Toy Story Mania, but only 3 of us really want to ride it, can one of our group use it twice, or does it have to be each individual person? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any advice.

Donna

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Fast Passes

If you put in your five park tickets into the fastpass machine you will get five fastpasses.These are not linked to the individual ticket and so yes one of your group could use another persons fastpass.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Fast Passes

Yes, 2 of you could do the ride twice! :-)

Traralgon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Fast Passes

Thanks for the responses. This fast pass advice will be very helpful.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Fast Passes

Easy system... Works well!

Here is a really good thesis by Kat:

tripadvisor.com/…18665451

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Fast Passes

I had never thought of this question before, but it brings up a good point. Once a Fast Pass is obtained, anyone can use it.

I may have to amend my "thesis" to include the fact that the pass aren't tied to specific people or tickets, so they can be swapped around or given away even.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Fast Passes

My DH doesn't do thrill rides so I use his FastPass all the time!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Fast Passes

The fast pass works great when I take my children with my wife or another family friend (or my dad when he was alive). I would manage all 4 tickets and get fast passes do the 2 children were going almost non-stop.

Especially on slower days I could get passes relatively quickly.

I'm sure you are aware, but I found out on my trip in December that you can't get fast passes in a park unless all members with tickets have gone through the entrance gate. In effect, I can't run to Hollywood Studios while my children are at EPCOT and get Toy Story Fast Passes for them.

We have often made happy gifts of left over Fast Passes when leaving a park. Sometimes we end up with passes we decide to forgo and I approach someone and offer them the passes. When a ride is sold out the people are really happy.

I wish WDW would use the same system as Universal or Six Flags. Six Flags has a system where you pay $85 more a person for the day. You input the ride you want and it let's you know when your time is up to do the ride. They also let you go twice on the ride.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
619 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Fast Passes

All ticket holders must be in the park to to get fast passes? I was thinking I might take all of our tickets one morning and go to a park alone to get the fastpasses and return with the family later. Will this work?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Fast Passes

A ticket can't be used for a FastPass unless it has been used for admission at the gate.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Fast Passes

No,it won't work. All tickets have to be used at the gate at Disney before they will work in a Fast Pass machine so you can't get up early,run over and get everyone else's Fast Pass. But you must be a very nice person to think of that. We also give our leftover Fast Passes away,sometimes,we decide to go to a different park or ask people who are coming off a ride(especially kids) if they would like to ride again)