We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reykjavik, Iceland
1 post
Save Topic
Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

I am going to Orlando in March with my husband and little girl and I have been looking at condos and villas in the Kissimmee area.

I have narrowed it down to these 2 resorts but I really don´t know much about the latter.

I have stayed once before in Windsor Hills but in a really nice big villa but this time it will be a 2 bedroom condo.

Does anyone have experience with both and could give me some advice?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

I've not stayed in Windsor Hills but Cypress Pointe is in Lake Buena Vista, kind of near Downtown Disney, not in Kissimmee. It's a nice resort with a lot of restaurants and things in the area. The one bedroom units are extremely small. We felt cramped with only two in a one bedroom there.

2. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 15:02
Beverly...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

I loved Windsor Hills. The location is great. Keep checking because I got a three bedroom condo there for just a few dollars more than a 2 bedroom. Tough call between going to a resort you already know about vs. trying something new. We had plenty of space and the condo buildings are convenient to the pool area.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

I have stayed at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas many times. It is one, if not the best, of my choices in Orlando. The two-bedroom unit is really great. It is very spacious especially the dining room/kitchen/master bedroom. The 2nd bedroom is smaller than the huge Master bedroom but more than adequate. It has two twin beds that are very comfortable. There is also a pull-out bed in the living room. The kitchen has full size appliances and there is a cupboard room off to the side for your groceries and a trash can. I have never stayed at Windsor Hills but I hear they have a theater which Cypress Pointe does not have. Another resort you might want to consider is Silver Lake Resort. It is not far from Windsor Hills and also has a movie theater and great swimming facilities.

Near to Cypress Pointe are some great restaurants if you are looking to eat cheaply but still have some great tasting food. There is a Steak n Shake within walking distance (meals at $3.99) and a Sizzler with breakfast at $4.99 ($3.99 with coupon) Down the road is a McDonald's and a Taco Bell and many, many more dining spots.

To get to Downtown Disney from Cypress Pointe, you take a left onto Vinnings Way Blvd and then take a left at the stop sign (Hwy 535 or Apopka-Vineland) opposite the Walgreen's on the corner. Go about a mile (or less -5 minutes?) and take a right on to Hotel Plaza drive and then a left to Downtown Disney. If you want to drive to the parks (shuttle not available from Cypress Pointe), you just keep driving on Lake Buena Vista Drive and you will see the signs telling you where to turn for the park you are interested in.

If you need more information, I would be more than happy to email you back

Edited: 30 January 2012, 01:18
hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

I have stayed at both resorts and loved them both for different reasons, I prefered the townhouse at Windsor hills to the condo at Cypress Pointe, however the location for Cypress Pointe is fab, I prefer to stay at the LBV area as close to everything and in the evening you can go out without taking the car, and i think for that reason would choose Cypress Pointe.

Chris

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

they are not really comperable, but I feel that as CP is colser to things, you have more choices esp if you want to eat out int he evenings. You can actully walk to places from here.

Although I do prefer the older part fo the resort- not the grande villas, and I would rec a min of a 2 bed unit as the one bes are studios mostly.

WH is great, if you have a pool villa. If you are just going condo there, I would stya closer to the action myself.

manchester england
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

hi

we are staying at cypress in march any decent bars around there within walking distance

8. Re: Windsor Hills or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2013, 10:18