We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney area superior homes

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disney area superior homes

Has anyone stayed in these villas? I've read a few negative reviews and i am dreading what the villa will be like after reading them. Any feedback will help!

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney area superior homes

We stayed ia a superior villa in davenport, through first choice last may, it was ok nothing special,but then I am fussy!!!!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney area superior homes

I stayed at 2 great homes in Lindfield, what was important to me was having a very pvt. pool. I have reda good review about Emerald Isle & Windsor Palms. Which site are you using? I have always used www.orlandovillas.com and on the right side of the page there is a discussion forum, which can be very informative.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney area superior homes

I booked with tour america but they book the villas through a company called hotelbeds. I've heard bad reviews about this company so a bit worried about what to expect!

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney area superior homes

Yes we were hotelbeds ,not good.

Edited: 21 January 2012, 10:59
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney area superior homes

Thanks for your reply, what problems did u have with hotelbeds?

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney area superior homes

Hotelbeds are basically a clearing house .They contract managers who may in turn contract others to provide homes .These homes will be privately owned and looked after by the last Man co in the chain for owners who cannot or do not want- to get bookings of their own.The amount of money that ends up in the owners hands is a small % of what is actually paid and it is the owner who has all the bills to pay.As a result some homes are not quite what they should be standard wise as the owner does not have enough $ to keep it in tip top condition.

This is not true of all TO offered homes but a lot ..

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney area superior homes

Just rubbish customer care, didn't seem to no what they were doing, didn't answer any of our queries, we were just left to get on with it.smelly bedding etc

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney area superior homes

We had a townhouse in 2010 booked with Travel Republic and we had to go to Hotelbeds to get the exact address and the keys and also to 'register' the property.. The house was lovely but the cleaning let it down.

We have also had a 'Disney Villa' which turned out to be at Florida Pines and was managed by Elite Vacations'. We arived to full bins, a kitchen which hadn't been cleaned properly and a very dirty pool. In fact the pool pump wasn't working properly and water from it leaked into the villa.

It's hard to know whether to risk booking direct with an owner when many properties are being sold or foreclosed on, or to go with a tour operator or management company. This year we made the decision to book Windsor Hills via Thomson (part of a package). This is part of their Platinum collection so if it is not up to standard I will be taking it up with Thomsons, not some place we may have to register with.

Regards,

Deaconblue

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney area superior homes

You can go part of the way to seeing whether the home you want is in foreclosure by checking the county sites before committing your self to booking direct with an owner.In the past a lot of the problems have been caused by agencies not individuals but that is not to say there are not some owners out there who will still take the money even though they may be in a bit of difficulty.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney area superior homes

I'm dreading what state the villa will be in now but its all booked so too late to cancel it. Seems like if i did complain when over there hotelbeds wouldn't be bothered by the sounds of the company!