We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Question.......again

u.k
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Question.......again

One of our party has now decided that they need a visa because of something they did ten years ago when they were fifteen. I have closely followed threads on here recently regarding this subject and several posters mentioned that you need to upload you information and photograph to send to the embassy prior to your appointment but I can't find that information on their website, Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Also do you know how much the fee is?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Question.......again

have they tried getting an esta though? as what they did 10 years ago might not be as bad as what they think? as it is a long time ago??

lisa

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Question.......again

I beleive the person in question was requested to do this in advance of their interview by the embassy. Once you have made your appointment you wold possibly get such information.

london.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visas.html

There is a video link on the above page abt applying

london.usembassy.gov/root/visa-wizard/pages/

London, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Question.......again

Not sure if they have already applied for it but before they make the appointment at the embassy they will need to get a copy of their police report frm ACPO, their info is on the us website, you have to print off the form,send it off with a signed photo and the cost of that is £70 for 30 day return or £35 for 3 day return, once u get that bk then make embassy app. On emb website u need to look under non-immigrant visa section and u then fill it all in,it does take quite a while so make sure u jot the application number down and click to save each page. My sons photo wouldnt upload but they do allow u to take it with u, just make sure when u have the pics taken u say they are for a us visa as they are a different size to passport pics,

I cant remember exactly but i think the visa fee is about £90, when u make the app try and get the 8.30 or 9am times as you dont tend to be in there as long as they havn't fallen behind,

good luck

u.k
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Question.......again

Dawnydix did your son have long to wait for his visa to arrive after his appointment? The person from our party has obtained something from the police which records their arrest and caution,it cost them £10 to obtain. I guess this isn't what the embassy are asking for though if you paid more than that

5. Re: Visa Question.......again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:26