We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
50 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

I'm hesitant to use them as I am not familiar with them and they aren't one of the "usual" nationally known car rental companies. However, they are at least $100 cheaper per week than the national car rentals and I'm wondering if there is a "hitch" to the cheap prices. i.e. bad service, you don't get the size of car that you rented, old cars, etc.

Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,735 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

Anyone had experience with this company?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

They've been mentioned a few times on the forum ... don't remember the opinions though.

Did you try bidding on Priceline for a car?

Edited: 27 January 2012, 15:59
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

I have posted many times about my experiences with Advantage. I use them in Orlando and Las Vegas mostly. No problems. I get the car I want and charged as expected. Do you need insurance? Know before you rent a car from anybody. Be prepared for them to sell you insurance. If you dont need it, simply decline.

They may not have as many agents working as the major brands so you may wait in line a little longer than you would at the more expensive companies.

Cars have always been new, low miles and clean. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

I believe Advantage was bought by Hertz a year or so ago

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

I'm remembering that Hertz apparently bought Advantage at a bankrupcy sale ( they outbid Enterprise) and planned to use them as a more budget minded option and also possibly to send cars from Hertz to that division when they started to have higher milage- it's somehow connected to a Hertz lower cost program that was ( perhaps formerly) called Simply Wheelz or something like that, but I am not familiar with how it is connected to Advantage. can anyone fill in the blanks? I know my information is vague..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

I was a bit hesitant after browsing the Orlando forum and based on the price quoted directly from their website but I had no issues whatsoever.

The price quoted was honoured, although I got suckered into upgrading into a nicer / newer minivan ... which I was fine doing because it was the model of vehicle I'm considering purchasing for the family.

No issues whatsoever with an upsell re. insurance. She indicated that because I was from Ontario, Canada, there was no need. I don't understand why she said that but that's fine since I would have declined all coverage anyways.

I also opted for the tank fill up, i.e. I come back with the car at empty ... it worked out in my favour!

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

Do some research there are a ton of horror stories about advantage.. Spend the extra 100$ and stick with the reputable companies

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

There are 'horror' stories about every single car company.

If you spend $100 more to avoid Advantage you have more money than smarts.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

We rented from them at Denver Airport and they were about $200 cheaper than the others. However we had the most indifferent sales agent, almost falling asleep at the desk. They try to pressure sell the larger car, more insurance. We stood our ground and stayed with the Corolla we had originally booked. They gave us a car that was so covered in dents and scratches that it took us ages to fill out the report. If you are the type to resist their hijinks then the savings are worth it.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone use Advantage Car Rental?

We rented from them at Denver Airport and they were about $200 cheaper than the others. However we had the most indifferent sales agent, almost falling asleep at the desk. They try to pressure sell the larger car, more insurance. We stood our ground and stayed with the Corolla we had originally booked. They gave us a car that was so covered in dents and scratches that it took us ages to fill out the report. If you are the type to resist their hijinks then the savings are worth it.