We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry England
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic

Cosmos have some good deals but all flights are with Monarch, are they direct flights?

Are they any good?

scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

Last time we went to Florida it was with Monarch 5/6 years ago at that time all was ok, but very cramped in seat. Been back to U.S 4 times with United, BA, and Virgin all were much more spacious.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

I flew with them in 2006 and have booked with them for this year. They were way cheaper than any flights I could find else where and I can spend the money I am saving on character meals etc for the kids . We flew to Kenya with them last year also and didn't find them any worse than other airlines we have used in the past.

england
Level Contributor
928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

We are flying premium economy with them when we go.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

Are they any good?

Well if they get you there and back in one piece that's fine by me!!

And at a price you can afford and is better than any other quote you have - another tick.

Yes the flights are direct

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

They are Britians "Oldest Airline" still in service with modern fleet of ships. How do you think they managed to do this ?

This question gets asked on a regular basis and the are hundreds of replies you can read in the back files .

Put Monarch airlines in the box at the top of the page and you will get all the answers you need.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

bump

S Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

Yes but never again. Flew from Cardiff, 26 hours delay going out, hated Sanford, NO food except chocolate for the kids on the return journey and delayed 4 hours. Picture it, 4 hours delay with a plane full of kids on a sugar high!!!

S Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

Yes but never again. Flew from Cardiff, 26 hours delay going out, hated Sanford, return flight 4 hours delay while they tried to load food carts, eventually gave up so NO food on that flight. They did give the children chocolate to eat - so 4 extra hours on a plane full of children on a sugar high. Shudder.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

You were just unlucky, like we have been at times. An airline which out last all others has not stayed in business all this time if that was an every day occurrence.

10. Re: Has anyone flew with Monarch Airlines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:20