We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

Beverly...
Level Contributor
296 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

Hi TA friends,

We have a four day park hopper special military ticket. I have posted previously that my husband and I with are two daughters(3 and 6) will be in LBV for 3 nights and Kissimmee for 5 nights at a rental house. Based on their ages, I definitely need a day and a half at MK and probably full day at AK. Would you do a full or half day at Epcot/Hollywood Studios?

We will be in Florida March 21-29. The crowds levels will be pretty high at the end of our trip. We have a rental car.

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

Epcot is huge, (that can take two whole days ) so with that in mind, I would suggest DHS ( but go early, first half of the day, you will all want to try Toy Story Midway Mania, grab a fast pass right away, it is the most popular attraction )

Since you have the hopper option you could pop back to Epcot for more fun or any Park, after your Day at the AK, it closes earlier than the other parks :)

Madison, MS
Level Contributor
148 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

I agree with Partypa, use your half day at Hollywood Studios. My younger kids are 3 and 6 too and we were done by about 2 (this included a longish lunch at Prime Time 50's). We were able to do everything they wanted, including Toy Story Mania, a Jake & the Pirates show, the backlot tour, etc. We even got in some character autographs.

Also, do make sure you get there right at opening for the Toy Story ride and do that one first or even better, get your Fast Passes, then get straight into the line and ride it, then come back later and use your fast passes. Your kids are probably going to want to do it twice.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

When my boys were 4 & 5 it worked out better for us to do a half day at Epcot and a full day at Hollywood Studios. We did not go through the different countries though, we thought they would be more interested in that when they are older so we only did the Nemo ride and Test Track and ate dinner at Akershus princess dinner and then watched Illuminations.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

I agree with both trains of thought here. Epxot is so big, it easily takes a full day. However, some kids don't like Epcot as much, since it's too... um... "learn-ey." It's mostly science/technology/geography based. Now, I love Epcot, and it's easy to not realize you're learning when you're there, but my Dad hated it as a kid. If you're kids are like this, it would be better to do a full day at HS, and just a part of a day at Epcot.

However, since HS is so much smaller than Epcot, and most of the rides are 'thrill' rides, it might be better to spend a shorter day here, check out the parade/street shows, and use your full day at Epcot, since it can take so long just to get from one place to the next.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

Epcot has grown on me, we used to only spend one day there and maybe return for test track. Now I enjoy it more. I would schedule AK during the day on a day MK closes latest. Go to Epcot before your HS day and see if you need to return, if so go after you have finished at HS.

6. Re: Which park is best for 1/2 day w/ kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 09:24