We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Sunday Evening

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
264 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Sunday Evening

Hi There. Hoping for some opinions about a couple of options for me and my wife's anniversary on April 1 in the Orlando area. Both of the options I am leaning towards seems to have some flaws, wondering which would be the most enjoyable/entertaining/romantic, in that order. We'll be coming from DeLand, leaving there before 3 PM. We are spending the two days after our anniversary in the parks. So it's an afternoon, evening, and party night. We're in our early 30's but able to keep up with people in their 20's (at least we like to think so).

Option 1: Park Plaza Hotel in Winter Park, Bosphorous Restaurant for dinner (we love Turkish food), bars in that area. The con here seems to be that this hotel has some of the most scathing reviews I have seen for a 'nice' hotel.

Option 2: Stop in Winter Park for a couple hours of wandering and maybe a glass of wine somewhere, and then spend the night at the EO Hotel in Downtown Orlando, with dinner somewhere there. Con with this idea is...well, doesn't seem like Orlando is a culinary stronghold.

Thoughts? Any other 'unique' places to stay betweenish DeLand and Orlando?

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,693 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Sunday Evening

The Bosphorous restaurant is excellent (and they are on the Restaurant.com program). Why not stay at the Thurston House http://thurstonhouse.com/ in nearby Maitland?

Edited: 27 January 2012, 04:01
Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
264 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Sunday Evening

Thanks for your reply. Thurston House seems a tad too...for the lack of a better world I will say 'my parent's idea of a B&B.' We love more modern B&B's, places that could also be called Inns, with 6-12 rooms and more of a breakfast room than a dining room table. But I appreciate the undertone of your thought, and I am happy to get additional feedback on Bosphorous.

3. Re: Anniversary Sunday Evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:25