We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airlines!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
397 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
US Airlines!

Hi flying to orlando in August via charlotte with us airlines ,has anyone ever flown with them and got any info on in flight meals and entertainment ??

only 27 weeks now getting excited :)

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airlines!

I went to Daytona via Charlotte I think it was Charlotte anyway :-)

I did a trip report which spoke about the flight. I will try and find it and link it on here for you.

Diana

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airlines!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k445931…

Here it is

Di

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,683 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airlines!

There are people who like US Air and those that don't. For an objective view, take a look at the 2011 JD Power airline customer satisfaction survey: …jdpower.com/JDPAContent/…2011075-nals.pdf

Among major US airlines, they rank dead last.

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airlines!

I have only ever flown with one Americal airline which was US Airways, so I am quite surprised they are bottom because overall I preferred them to flying direct with Virgin.

Anyhow I flew in via Charlotte, seatback tv with on demand, food was ok, no worse or better than any other airline food. Overall would use them again.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Airlines!

o dear i hope,it,s ok ,was quite alot cheaper than anyone else!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Airlines!

As long as you get there safely that's all that really matters anything else is a bonus especially if the food is edible lol

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US Airlines!

Annette, Susie is right about safety. On out return journey we were delayed and had to change planes for that exact reason.

It will be fine, I am picky about things, the planes were comfortably, clean, nice leather seats, demand tv (this was the first flight ever I have seen a film through to the end because I was able to pause it when the kids wanted something). The cabin crew were pleasent and well manered and it was considerably cheaper than Virgin.

Charlotte is a nice airport, easy to get around.

We are going again in Oct and we will most probably fly with US again.

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Airlines!

Flew to MCO with US Airways last year via PHL. Newish plane with leather seats, AVOD and free soft drinks. I don't eat the hot meal on board but the light snack was a chicken sandwich and absolutely fine.

When we returned we were affected by snow and ice around PHL and the customer service was very good.

I would fly with them again.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US Airlines!

When can you book your seat and is it mega money to upgrade???

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US Airlines!

We booked our seats as we soon as we had booked. You can do it online.

On our return journey when we checked in online we were offered an upgrade for $500 each but this was to a business class seat not a lie flat bed.