We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queens diamond jubilee

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Queens diamond jubilee

Damn, I have just realised its the queens diamond jubilee whilst we are on holiday in Orlando this year and I am getting an earful from the mrs. How will this event be celebrated in the Orlando if at all? Do Americans celebrate this sort of thing?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

No, this would NOT be celebrated. Might be something mentioned on TV, but certainly not a US event that would trigger any sort of celebration. Americans celebrate 4th of July as opposed to anything with monarchy LOL!

!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
347 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

I don't think we will be celebrating the jubilee of Queen Elizabeth the First either.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

Was in the Usa last year before Williams & Kates wedding they had more on TV over there than in Ireland Or the UK.

no celebration but would imagine a lot of TVcoverage

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

Fluffysparkles, it's queen Elizabeth II not the first..

Glasgow
Level Contributor
347 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

She is Queen Elizabeth the Second of England but since the Act of Union in 1707 between Scotland and England she is the first monarch of that name to rule. So for us Scots she is Queen Elizabeth the first

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

Don't think all Scots think that way lol xxx I will be watching her with pride xxx

Glasgow
Level Contributor
347 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

Thanks neesymac for speaking for our nation I appreciate it. Its not an opinion its a fact.

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

Fluffysparkle - I was going to correct you, too, until I realised that you were making a political point! I am a Scots/Welshwoman, married to an English man and living in Scotland so we subscribe to a variety of beliefs...i.e: we tend to sit on the fence! Don't mention independence!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

I'm just looking forward to the extra bank holiday! Lol!

Barnsley England
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Queens diamond jubilee

We havent got a extra bank holiday, they have just moved the spring bank holiday on a week. :0(