We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home and had a blast...trip report first few days

Hewlett, New York
Level Contributor
678 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Back home and had a blast...trip report first few days

Hi all...well, we are home!!! Our trip was awesome. I love to read long, detailed trip reports (especially on the NY boards), so I hope I don't bore you by writing one that is long and detailed. I'll break it into sections so if you aren't into it, you can just skip my next few posts!!!

We arrived at MCO on 3/5 via Delta Song - 45 minutes early at 9:15am. Went directly to the Magical Express, checked in quickly and went to the bus line. Waited about 15 minutes on the bus line. Weather was clear, sunny but a bit cool for me (around 70). Coming from NY, I was looking forward to some hot, hot weather. The ME was very efficient, and easy to use. We packed a carry on bag w/sunscreen and bathingsuits, shorts and tee-shirts. We were unsure if this would be a park or pool day. The bus took us to Saratoga Springs resort, my parents DVC property. They were to arrive that evening. I checked in quickly and was told the room was not ready. We decided this would be a park day. Went to Artist's Palate for a quick bite. WAIT....first of all, I haven't been to SS in 18 months. The progress is AMAZING!!! The place is beautiful!!! Staff was very nice and helpful. All common areas clean. The lunch at AP was self service type, but prepared on the spot, not sitting under a heater light all day long. While DH and kiddies were eating, I realized I had a question for the registration people. When I went over, the girl said my room had become available. It was about 12noon at this point so we were psyched!!. Decided to make it a pool day instead. Went over to room (right across from pool in The Springs villas - that's what you want). It was spotless, huge and beautiful. First floor 2 BR villa with a nice patio. Changed and went to the pool. My kids love the slide there. Overall an awesome day. After some poolside drinks, swimming and showers we headed to DD for dinner. Went to Wolfgang Pucks for sushi and sat at the sushi bar. The food was good, the bill about on par for what I'd pay for 4 for sushi here in NY, not too crazy expensive. (about $125 w/tip for 4, after 10% DVC discount) Strolled along the DD area and walked back to the hotel. In the meantime, my grocery delivery from wegoshop.com arrived. I HIGHLY recommend this service. The owner was fantastic, helpful and reliable. I emailed her a list mid-week before we left and for a small fee she shopped at Publix for me and delivered all the stuff. The hotel paid the bill and charged it to my room. When my parents came they picked up the stuff from the bell services and ta-da...all done. So day one has come and gone, smooth and simple and so excited to be there. My kids are happy, I am happy, tomorrow is another day. My DH is slightly spoiled however, he would say his one complaint was that he had to wait in line for the DME bus. He likes to have a driver waiting for him to take him to the store and straight to the hotel, but to save the money..the DME is perfect. Only crisis of the day.....I forgot my underwear! More about the trip later...

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back home and had a blast...trip report first few days

Thanks for writing a detailed trip report. I love reading them. Looking forward to see if you bought mikey or princess undies.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back home and had a blast...trip report first few days

yeah come on, where's the rest? :-)