We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Hi

Yet another ride question. Have got out of riding this so far and now my boys are older if they are doing it have got to force myself.

I am scared of heights and that feeling of falling out sort of like Splash Mountain although I do it and feel great after. Just give it to me straight how terrible is it?

Many thanks

Hull
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Unlike many coasters there is no big drop.

most coasters used to start off with a slow incline ready for a big drop to start with. This one however, starts very fast and goes straight into a loop sequence and doesn't have a big drop in it. It is just a fast thrill ride from start to finish. Its great....

Im sure you will be fine.

Regards

Colin.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Thanks Colin I am def going to give it a try.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

There are very good over the shoulder restraints, and the coaster goes very fast right from the first moment, and so you never have the feeling of falling out of your seat, like you do with big drops and lap restraints.

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

I don't find it scary at all but it is one of those rides that throws your head all over the place. I came off with sore neck and headache so put me off.

Didn't seem to bother hubby but I'm the same on rip rocket etc.

If you have bother with neck I would avoid it (could be a get out clause!)

Level Contributor
328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

The Rock and Roller Coaster is the 1 ride that I regret not trying!! I had a scary time on Space Mountain the day before so wouldn't try it, but I really regret not going on it!!

Hope you are braver than I was!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Not scary at all. You should def give it a try! Let us know how was it, if you decide to try it that is...:)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

I really will and going to take all comments on board and go for it.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Moira, do it. Its one of our favourites. No massive drops, you just take off really fast and before you know where you are, its all over. There are over the shoulder restraints so you move very little but your head will so be careful. Please give it a go, you won't regret it. Can wait til June to get back on it.

A x

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,764 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

0 to nearly 60mph in 2.8 seconds is what this rides all about, after then it's pretty tame really, although in the first inversion turn you pull 4.5g which maybe explains the sore necks.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 13:21
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How scary is Rock and Roll coaster

Not scary at all. One of my favourite rides!