We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

Just looking at booking at the doubletree universal for 3 nights

$597 through expedia $311 through the hotels site..

gee thats a lot of money to save

rosen inn showing 65 night,,then $112

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

Check the fine print. That difference seems quite steep. Yes, some of the "booking sites" do charge a little more, but sometimes they are also including specific taxes or "resort fees" that the hotel website only notifies you once you have entered in all your information.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

yeah it seems a big price jump,and yes i had not yet gone right into the hotel process,,was just the first quote

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

looking at the rosen inn,,it shows my dates with no vacancy then another site showing $112 double the price of a standed room,,guess the cheaper rooms are full ??

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

That does sound strange. Unless there is some convention in town or its some sort of spring break/"high occupancy" time-of-year. I would almost recommend getting the toll-free number and calling the hotel directly. You mind as well hear it "straight from the horse's mouth," so-to-speak.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

Most of the times I book my hotels, I book true their own homepage either by calling or booking and that has saved me alot of money to do it that way , sometimes the hotel has their own weeks with prices off special offers with free breakfast and dinings etc

Booked a nice hotel in New Orleans from their own homepage got free breakfast for two and free parking aswell , and we checked several other pages before we booked true their own homepage and it saved us alot of money booking true their own page

The thing with expandia or hotelcom etc is that they get a price for the hotels , and its a offer the hotel gives out to the dealers, but at the same time the hotel has to pay expandia and hotelscom or other pages a fee which makes them actually loose money when You use this instead of booking the hotel from the hotels own pages

Mutter

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

Try www.trivago.com

They find the hotel and give you prices for many of the companies that feature that hotel. You can then compare what the different companies are offering.

With all booking sites beware that taxes, resort fees etc. may not be added until right before you complete the final booking page.

Regards,

Deaconblue

7. Re: you really need to do your homework booking a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 10:24