We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Budget

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Budget

Hi

Trying to do a budget for eating out (4 adults & 2 kids).

As there are 6 of us I believe a service charge of 18% is automatically added to the bill. Is this the tip? Are we expected to tip above this?

I've noticed that some restaurants don't have tax included? How much is tax? How do you know if it's included or not - does it state it clearly on the menu?

Are there any other hidden costs?

We're hoping to do a mixture of good restaurants, buffet meals and quick service/cheaper options - so far I've booked dinner at

Hollywood & Vine

Biergarten

Ohana

and am planning to go to Texas de Brazil, Tony Romas, Hard Rock & Planet Hollywood.

Do you think these are sensible choices?

Just lastly - thanks to everyone on this forum, you've really helped me out a lot. Long may it continue :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Budget

The 18% is the tip no need to add extra unless you feel you have had exceptional service

Liverpool, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Budget

Tax is normallybetween 6 and 7% and will be added to the bill. If your looking for a cheaper and cheeful eating option try steak and shake, the kids will love the milkshakes and ,although it says "steak" ,it is actually burgers they are talking about (and cover other sorts of tastes as well).

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Budget

Have you thought about getting a pre paid voucher for Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood? Can get them from ticket websites such as attraction tickets direct.

We have bought them previously and have some for Hard Rock this time. The choice is not massive (burgers/sanwiches etc) but includes desert and drink and costs only £13-£20 each and you will have already paid before you go.

4. Re: Restaurant Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:19