We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides to avoid ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Rides to avoid ?

After reading the Orlando forums for the last couple of weeks I think planning our days in the parks are paramount so can I have peoples thoughts on any disney rides that aren't worth bothering with After reading a few posts I think I will be missing the scary snow white ride and Stitch escape

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rides to avoid ?

Agree with giving Stitch escape. Another i wouldn't bother with again is at Epcot, think it was called living with the land or something like that.

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rides to avoid ?

Agree - Stitch ride was a real let down.

Also, cannot bear It's a Small World.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rides to avoid ?

I can only talk about DLP but I hated Peter Pan and The Haunted Mansion. Just found them so boring. But plenty like them.

A x

Swansea
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rides to avoid ?

You can't not do "It's a Small Small World" if its your first time to Disney, it's Disney folk lore and any ride "The Simpsons" take the 'p' out of has got to be worth it.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rides to avoid ?

If it is your first time , I would try all off them just because someone else doesn't like a particular ride doesn't mean you won't love it

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rides to avoid ?

I agree with the last post.. If its your first time try them all if u have time. The Stitch ride ended up being one of my best memories from last year. Not because of the ride itself, but because of the reaction of one member of our party that really made the ride a "priceless" memory. I say make a list of the things you really want to do so if the queues are long you can narrow them down, but if queues are manageable... Try them all and decide for yourself! Enjoy!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rides to avoid ?

I agree. I would never compile a list of things to miss. Do your best to do it all. Everyone's tastes are different. For example, Living with the Land is one of our favorite attractions in all of Disney World while gem2006 didn't seem to care for it at all.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rides to avoid ?

That is tough, I agree wuth 1031. We have been to disney I think 8 times and still havent done everything. We make sure to do the rides we must do and if we can fit in new stuff we do. Lets say you try to avoid stitch, you have 10 minutes to wait on a FP in that area and stitch has a 5 minute wait. Better to sit and cool off on stitch then on a bench in the sun.

We have found we like rides we used to pass up. Everything is worth the try once.

England
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rides to avoid ?

The carousel of progress and the enchanted tiki room I really thought were awful..my dad fell asleep in the cop and started to snore, that was the highlight of the ride for us ha ha. On its a small world ds 3 at the time got an urgent call of nature, lucky we had a cup!! His potty used to play the same song once it got wet.. Lol !! So we didn't go on it twice, but loved it!! Going back this year he's 15 now, fingers crossed we make it out this time without incident ;). Have fun!

Scotland
Level Contributor
704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rides to avoid ?

its funny someone elses dont bother with is the next persons fav. I like carosel of progress although a little out of date its such a classic! We were just talking yesterday about what rides we want to do in july and my OH said muppets 3D! I thought ahh dont know if i can sit through it again, can practically recite it! So each to there own.