We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Here's an update to my Fast Pass Thesis I wrote several years ago incorporating the new "time window" rule:

Disney Fast Pass is a free service offered at many of the more popular Disney attractions within each of the four theme parks. Not all attractions have it, but the ones with typically the longest lines do. Here's how it works:

At the entrance of each Fast Pass attraction, there is a set of machines that look like ATM machines. You simply insert your theme park ticket into the Fast Pass machines, and out comes your Fast Pass (be sure to get one for everyone in your party). On the Fast Pass is a "return time" window. When the time on the Fast Pass arrives, simply go back to the ride and enter the que line through the special "Fast Pass" entrance (located somewhere near the main que line). This line is typically much shorter and you practically move to the front of the line (or almost to the front in some cases) on the ride.

As far as frequency goes, you may obtain additional Fast Passes throughout the day after your initial one is used OR after waiting two hours from obtaining your most recent one.

For instance, if you obtain a Fast Pass at 9:30 AM and it's return time is 10:15 AM, when that time arrives, you'll be able to obtain another Fast Pass for that or another attraction. Also, if you obtain a Fast Pass at 9:30 AM, but it's return time is 2:00 PM, when 11:30 AM arrives (two hours after obtaining the first one), you may obtain another Fast Pass for that or another attraction.

New Policy beginning March, 2012: Once the "time window" arrives on a Fast Pass, it can now only be used during that window and can no longer be saved for later in the day. For instance, if your Fast Pass window says "10:05 AM to 11:05 AM" for the return time, you must use that Fast Pass within the time window of 10:05 AM to 11:05 AM with just a few minutes grace period on the tail end. You can no longer wait to use it later in the day as you once could. The one-hour time window is now being enforced.

Here is a list of the Fast Pass attractions in each Disney park:

Magic Kingdom: Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Stitch's Great Escape.

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track, Mission: Space, Living With the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Captain EO, Maelstrom.

Disney Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Rock & Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Lights, Motors, Action stunt show.

Animal Kingdom: It's Tough To Be a Bug, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur.

Hope this helps you understand how Fast Pass works.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Really? Is that for all FP rides at all parks? Do you know this from experience?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Im afraid so..its the new rules and if you ask me its about time too. Last trip we often found that the fast pass queues near the end of the day were longer than before lunch time...We waited almost an hour in the fast pass queue for toy story mania..normal queue was 70mins.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Wow! Yeah, having some time to think about it, it is good and makes sense. Thanks for the heads up!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

It's going to really wreek havoc with folks getting Fast Pass return times right at the same hour they have dining reservations though.

You know good and well you won't make it back in time if your dining reservation is for 1:10 PM and your F.P. return time is from 1:15 to 2:15 PM.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Yes it will. It's messing up my plans a bit too. Trying to figure how to get all that we want to get done now with this that's going to be inforced now. I'd be interested on feedback a fee weeks before we get there at the end of next month.

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Bump

It's really no different than having a Dining Reservation or Ticket for a Flight, just plan accordingly

You can clearly See the Return Time Before you get the Fast Pass, it it doesn't suit you, get in line right then and there or come back later for a later return time

The System will work alot better when the times are enforced, IMHO, because that's the way the System was designed in the first place, to spread out the crowds, less wait time for everyone :)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

I agree. I always followed what I thought were the rules anyways:) you can make it work if you want to make it work.

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Beachmomma3, exactly :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Bump

Bridgend, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Updated Disney Fast Pass Thesis

Can you get into the main theme parks disney world with the 2 day go orlando pass? (Magic Kingdom/ World resort etc)