We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

How do you travel from a Disney resort to another, dont the busses just go from hotels to theme parks and back?

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
pa
Level Contributor
54,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

Bus service is between Resorts and Parks, yes

The easiest way is to take a Bus from your Resort to the closest Park to the Resort you wish to visit, using the Park as your transfer station

If it is late at night and the Parks have closed, you can use Downtown Disney as your transfer station til 2 am

We can guide you on the best routes and best mode of transport if you have examples of where you want to go :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,564 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

Also when you check in you'll get a brochure that tells you about the transportation and how to get from here to there :)

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

An example would be coming from Hollywood Studios to Wilderness Resort for dinner, and then home to Pop Century.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

My example would be leaving Epcot center to Wilderness Resort for dinner and them home to Pop Century

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

You can get the bus from whichever park to WL then after dinner a bus to DTD and transfer to a Pop bus or, what we would do, get a taxi from WL to Pop.

pa
Level Contributor
54,735 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

If the Magic Kingdom is still open ....

From Wilderness Lodge take the nice Boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom and then hop on your Bus back to Pop Century

Lots of options

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
300 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

there's a website (and they have an app for your smartphone) that can tell you alternative ways to get from any combination of WDW landmarks, and the estimated travel time for each. I didn't know about this before my last disney trip, but am looking forward to trying it out on my next trip -- we like to try restaurants at other resorts, but that can be a disney transport challenge! Last time, we gave up on figuring out a way home from a Jiko dinner, and took a cab.

the site:

www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

I have an app for my iphone called 'TWiZ" , you select a start point, then destination and it tells you how to get there etc. It uses various options such as car/taxi, bus etc.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,467 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

It is critical to work out your travel logistics before you leave to make sure you know where to go and how to get from one destination to another.

My sister's family didn't plan this out before their December trip and wasted more than two hours of valuable time trying to get from Magic Kingdom to DTD and then back again one evening for their dinner reservations at Wolfgang Puck.

Edited: 17 February 2012, 14:51
VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from one Disney Resort to another?

Are there buses that go from the parks to Downtown Disney and visa versa? If I was at resort hotel for dinner and needed to get back to my own hotel, could I take a bus to the nearest park, get off and take the bus for my hotel?