We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan our Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan our Disney

We are Myself 53 (chronic fatigue suffer with gluten free needs) Daughter 15 (hardworking straight A student sweet disposition but wont always want to hang with Mom and Dad) Husband (52 hardworking type A wears too many hats) I would like to plan a Disney vacation as kind of a surprise for her. We have not been to Disney since she was 7. We live in Southern CA so we will fly and spend a week if it is indeed worth the expense and planning etc. but need to find out when is the least crowded and best time weather wise to visit as this will be a one time trip probably so I want to make it count. Also I need to find a hotel close by so preferably a Marriott or one we can exchange for our Interval timeshare so I can go home and lie down when I cant go anymore.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan our Disney

Going is certainly worth it, IMHO

You won't have a problem with your Special needs Diet, Disney World is great about meeting those needs. More on that later if needed

We stay at Disney Reaorts so will leave the Marriott question to others. Keep in mind Disney World is 47 square miles, nothing will be right next door to everything unless you are staying on site. Many Orlando hotels advertise they are 10 minutes to Disney, you might be a few miles to one of the entrances to Disney Property but getting into a Parking lot and then getting to the Gate and through the entrance could all take an hour

Good times to visit ( keeping in mind there is never a quiet time when you might experience no crowds and perfect weather ) would be May, September, October - mid November, first two weeks of December. We prefer the Fall, we quite enjoy Epcot's Food and Wine Festival and get there for that just about every year

helpful info

www.wdwinfo.com

http://allears.net

www.mousesavers.com

www.wdwmagic.com

There are many other sites to explore and of course you have already found the Forum so ask as many questions as you need, we can help you sort it all out

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan our Disney

cute pup! thanks for the heads up..We are experienced travelers but wasn't aware of the magnitude of DW...We don't mind cold so much so maybe the Fall or 1st 2 weeks of Dec would be a good goal. The timeshares are mostly Marriott's and some not so nice ones so would like to shuttle if possible. Husband thinks we can do a few theme parks but that seems a bit much.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan our Disney

The Fall is lovely, the Food and wine Fest is well worth the trip

First two weeks in December will give you the Christmas "feeling" without the crowds. It is a beautiful time to go

At either time you can spend a good half day at each of the 4 Parks and enjoy quite a bit. I couldn't go all that way and not get at least a taste of all 4 Parks. It is very different than Disneyland, if that is what you might have in mind when comparing

Here is the Property map to give you an idea of those 47 square miles

www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me plan our Disney

I have been to Disney with teen girls often, 5 daughters. She will actually want to spend more time with you then you think unless bringing a friend. Disney has a way to have one thing that all ages can enjoy.

Ideal would be staying on property so you can return to the room to rest if need be, but understand the whole timeshare. If going in the fall price a Disney resort with free Dining if it is offered as usual. It might be cheaper then the food, rental car or shuttle to your timeshare, park entrance fees. 3 adults dining is almost as much as a moderate resort on Disney property. My girls like Coronado or Port Orleans Riverside.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me plan our Disney

Since You are a memeber of Marriott You can do a search for Yourself to find a hotel on the Marriott pages, but I did a search myself to help you into the right directions since Orlando is big and You want to be near the parks

and found the lake bueana area is the area You will want to stay in

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d256292-…

hope this help You on the way to find a hotel

Mutter

canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me plan our Disney

there are electric scooters to rent at every theme park if that helps, you may need to book in advance, not sure, but we saw a lot of people using them, and sometimes i thought i could use one!

7. Re: Help me plan our Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:17