We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental question

Kent, England
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
car rental question

I have rented a car through Holiday Autos for my trip next week. The car will in fact be supplied by Alamo.

Is it worth registering for membership with Alamo and, if so, how exactly does membership help beat the queues at Orlando International?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental question

I am not sure about Alamo, but with most programs they keep your pertinent info and you will not have to stand there and give it to them. If its free, its worth it. I know Hertz has a program you can also pay for that has the car ready and you have a seperate line and the car is ready to go, I dont know if Alamo has one of these too.

Level Contributor
796 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental question

If it's a voucher(either paper or electronic), I don't think you can pre-register. I think you need to book direct with Alamo to pre-register.

The only suggestion I can make, is that the driver in your party goes ahead before the baggage comes off, and sorts the car.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,390 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental question

It is worth registering for Quicksilver membership with Alamo because if you do, you can go to the garage and do the paperwork at a satellite office there and if you don't,you stand in a long long long line in the airport terminal.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental question

I joined these schemes with all the major car hire companies a few years ago and it works like a charm.

The last time at Alamo there was what appeared to be at least a 90 minute queue and I was able to do this quicksilver club thing and went to be served immediately.

This is definitely worth doing - and its free.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question