We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queues in Aquatica

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Queues in Aquatica

Does anyone know how long you queue for the 'thrill' slides in Aquatica on a moderate to busy day?

We were intending to go first thing in the morning to do the rides and relax a bit and then go to Epcot for the afternoon and evening but Aquatica doesn't open until 10am so I'm worried that by the time we get to Epcot it will be too busy to do the rides there.

Alternatively we could go to Epcot for rope drop, then head to Aquatica after lunch and back to Epcot in the evening. But again will the queues in Aquatica be too long?

We have 3 full days put aside for water parks (TL, BB & Aquatica) but this is an opportunity to get another in as my dh doesn't think there'll be enough to occupy the kids for a full day at Epcot (DD12 & DD8) but I'm not so sure.

What would you do?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queues in Aquatica

hi

i've only visited in August, but I have been 5 or 6 times since it opened.

The Queues do tend to build up, and as with all the parks the best plan is to arrive for rope drop and go on the main rides.

The slide through the dolphin area gets very busy , but in my opinion this ride is overrated.

Family raft rides also tend to be slow and getting the tubes for loggerhead lane is very dis-organised.

Having said the above it is a great park. Roa's Rapids are great fun.

if you already have a day for Aquatica then I would suggest you go to Epcot for rope drop and see how you get on. If the girls are bored then go to a water park for the lazy river/wave pools in the afternoon. Depending on when you are going Fast Track may be closed. This may keep some people away from Epcot, on the other hand it is more likely to just make the queues for the other rides even longer.

Personally Epcot is our least favourite park, but it is very popular with many others on here.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
796 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queues in Aquatica

We found the queues at aquatica not half as bad as any Disney water park or wet n' wild.

I'd go to the water park for it opening at 10 till say about 2:30-3pm, then go for a meal or back to hotel and change or whatever you think then go to Epcot for the rest of the day and evening and catch the fireworks this day, then next time you plan to go to Epcot only go for the day from opening and then you dont have to completely tire yourself out staying all day till fireworks but this way ensures you dont miss out on seeing them.

This is what we did. Everytime we went to a water park we went first thing for it opening and left as the slides got busier and then went to a theme park and saw it all lit up and the fireworks at MK and Epcot and Fantasmic at HS.

3. Re: Queues in Aquatica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:41