We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pins and Autograph Book

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upper Montclair...
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Pins and Autograph Book

I have a couple of questions. For the pins, do you trade them or collect them? If you trade them where do you get the pins that you would use for trading? For the autograph book, where do you get them?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

disneystore.com/autograph-books-pens-station…

you could order the book ahead or just at any store in the parks or disney hotels, don't forget to get the big pen too!! they have the pins there too, unless you want to get them ahead.

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

You can buy tons of different types of pins all over Walt Disneyworld, almost all disneyworld employees have pins hanging from a lanyard available for trading. Pins are a hot commodity and collected by lots of guests so you might even be approached by guests to trade pins (its happened to my hubby, hes a huge collecter)

For most kids, they are happy with a lanyard and a couple of pins, as they get to look like serious disney people. :-)

I think theres is even a starter kit of some type available with a lanyard and pins already attached to it to get you started. it is not expensive. Here are a couple of websites about pin trading (yes there are websites, lol!)

eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/page…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_pin_trading

http://www.disneypinworld.com/

Jos

Upper Montclair...
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 21:06
NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

eBay. All cast members will trade with the kids. My kids love it, but if you buy them down there to trade (which we have) it can get to be pricey. We let them buy a non-trader down there.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

We bought the lanyards and pins for our kids 4 years ago. Then we went back last year and bought more pins. My kids love their pins. Each one means something to them. Exp..when my DS rode his first roller coaster he got a spacd mountain pin. They do not want to trade. So--they wear the lanyards mainly as an accessory :) Do you think that's bad if they do not want to trade?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
448 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

I think you can get the autograph books and oversized pens at Wal-Marts in Orlando for quite a bit less. I can't recall if they sell the trading pins or not.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
300 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

Beachmomma -- thanks for posting. I hadn't thought of pins as comemorating something, more just a collect and trade thing, which seemed like an expensive way to buy fun. But I like the way your family has done it. My oldest son has been afraid to try a roller coaster (and his younger brothers have enjoyed showing off that they'll do something he won't) -- he's hoping to brave a roller coaster on our next trip...I love the idea of getting him a pin to remember it by, whenever he manages it!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

Kyrambler, we enjoy doing it this way. Glad I could give a different take on the pins. A funny one was a day my husband was hungry, hot, and grumpy. Myself and the kids secretly purchased him a "grumpy" pin by the snow white ride and it put a big smile on ALL of our faces. We still laugh at that one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
300 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

the grumpy pin -- that is perfect!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pins and Autograph Book

Not a pin, but that reminded me of this t-shirt....

www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-15772.asp