We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterparks

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Waterparks

Debating on doing a water park this time to WDW. In the fall we didn't have time and my kids were bummed. But we will only be at Disney 3 days this time, and I'd like to take advantage of our resort for a day of resting/relaxing by the pool.

We will be heading to Tampa/St. Pete afterwards, and was considering just going to Adventureland instead. Anyone have any input on the differences between the two (I mean Busch Gardens vs. Disney, I know Disney has 2) waterparks?

My kids are 8, 5 & 2, so we won't be doing too much of the big slides, just hanging out mostly in the kiddie areas.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterparks

BUMP. I don't have a clue as ot the answer as I don't do the waterparks, but someone on this site must have an opinion and can help.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterparks

Well personally I would just spend time at the hotel pool if you're not going to do the bigger stuff at the water park. It's about $48 for an adult (not sure of the kids price), so could add up quite a bit.

I've never been to Adventureisland, it looks nice, but same thing, expensive to just go on the kiddie stuff.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterparks

Visiting the water park (Blizzards Beach is our favorite) is one of our favorite days. They (both BB and Typhoon Lagoon) have great areas for all of your kids ages. I would definitely consider it if you can afford the extra cost. (Adding the water park fun and more option to your ticket is ideal but may not be the best option for you due to limited time. It pays for itself but I think only if you visit the water parks (or Disneyquest) more than once. Enjoy your trip!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterparks

Hi

This is a review of all 4 water parks in Orlando that I posted a couple of weeks ago.

I've not been to Adventureland, although I have passed it a few times when we have visited Busch gardens. From the outside it looks OK, but I think the 4 parks in Orlando look far better.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k5152…

For kids of 8, 5 and 2 , I would say that BB has the best childrens play areas.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterparks

Thanks everyone!

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterparks

I agree that Blizzard Beach would my top pick BUT

I would save the $200 and hang out at the Resort Pool and then go for a nice Meal instead or use that $ as a deposit for the "next holiday" ;)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterparks

Well we have a great local waterpark, so if neither are not out of the ordinary i would consider saving it for a trip here.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterparks

What you might want to do is to look on youtube for videos of the various Orlando area waterparks, as I am sure that you can find plenty by typing in the park name in the search box. That way, you can see how they compare to your local one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterparks

I wouldn't bother with a waterpark either. Save it for another trip? Agree with others who suggest spend time around your own pool and save the money, especially as you've got a waterpark close to home.

Where will you be staying? :0)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterparks

Thanks for.the feedback all!

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge