We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

We (me and my wife) live in Dallas and are planning to visit Orlando on the first extended weekend of April (Good friday one).

The main things we want to see are the Universal Studios and the Disney World and we do not even have any more info about anything else to see.

Is it possible for us to finish these two places in the Friday, Saturday and Sunday we plan to be in Orlando.

We want to see that we can take a flight back to Dallas in the evening / night of Sunday.

Please suggest.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Three days will not nearly be enough to see all of Disney and Universal, especially since you will be there during one of the busiest times of the year. You will just have to make sure you are there for rope drop and plan your day accordingly so that you do the things you most want to do.

Keep in mind that Disneyworld encompasses four parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. With Universal Studios, you also have Islands of Adventure (which is where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located if that is of interest of you).

Being an adult couple, you will be able to handle longer hours at the park and be able to fit a lot in, but choose what areas you want to spend your time in during your short stay. Take advantage of fast passes at Disney and you may want to also purchase the express pass at Universal to cover more ground.

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Unfortunately as you are going Easter weekend, you are visiting Disneyworld during one of the absolute busiest times. On a scale of 1 to 10, parks will most likely be at a 10. .

You should research which parks you like best- prioritize what you want to see, which rides you want to do and go from there. Whichever parks you pick, GET THERE EARLY AND DO NOT LEAVE, as parks can and do close once they reach capacity.

If you stay onsite at one of the Disney resorts, this will at least give you the advantage of the evening extra magic hours, where the EMH designated park is available for Disney resort guests for up to 3 hours after official closing time.

Hope this info helps,

Jos

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Easter week/weekend = 2nd busiest time of the year for crowds in the Orlando area, trailing only Xmas/NY week.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Pick one or the other, you will see very little if you try to do both Universal & WDW. As said WDW is made up of 4 parks, impossible to see all in 3 days at a slow time let alone Easter. Personally I would try for a different time of the year.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

This plan doesn't set yourself up for a very relaxing trip, and possibly, due to the very high crowds, could be a very off-putting one.

Disney has 4 main theme parks and Universal has 2...and it doesn't end there with the parks or things to do in Orlando. Would you arrive Thursday night or Friday morning? If arriving Friday and leaving Sunday it simply doesn't give you very much meaningful time for the parks on such a busy weekend. If arriving Thursday you could do one full day at one of the Universal parks and one full day at one of the Disney parks. You'll get a taste, but it might leave a bad one. Be prepared for long waits and long days. With the proper expectations (an active trip, not a laid back one, high crowds, and not coming close to finishing all that they have to offer) you could have some fun just know what you are getting into. If possible, take a day off and plan a different weekend for a more enjoyable quick visit.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

I see what everyone has been mentioning. And yes now i am seriously thinking that easter will be a very bad time to visit. Need to see when i can get few leaves.

Btw can anyone link me to some websites where i can get information about all the disney theme parks and also universal studio parks ?

I need to check what all is there and how much it costs and other such things.

Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

universalorlando.com/Theme-Parks/Universal-S…

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Try these...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

http://www.universalorlando.com/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

Sorry Gloria...tripped over your post.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,365 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Orlando (Disney and Univeral) in 3 days.. Possible

If you arrive in Orlando after the easter holidays you will have less crowds although it will be still a stretch to do all the parks in 3 days.