We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Eat Free Card

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Eat Free Card

I just noticed that Groupon have the Kids Eat Free Card on offer for $9 if anyone is interested.

I've seen it mentioned here a few times by people travelling with kids so I thought I would post it as it might save someone some money.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

Yea but only shipped to a US address

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

I didn't see that. I saw others talking about how to sign up to Groupon from other countries a few weeks ago so I assumed it was okay. My experience with the Irish Groupon is that they mostly issue vouchers for things so I thought this would be the same.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

i saw that too yesterday only for U.S though. Never used one before as no where we used was included but im sure i read somewhere that TREX may be on now? Would check which restaurant it covers now before purchasing.

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

IDon't know whether you've noticed but they sell these on ebay too (from 'apparently' authorised resellers).

They're $19 for two - works out to about £12.50 + £1.90 for P&P. Not as good as the Groupon offer but not as expensive as some others.

We're still not decided, can't find anywhere that says Trex or Rainforest Cafe is included.

Also has anyone ever worked out how often you'd need to use these cards for you to break even?

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

this offer is on again now on groupon , i wish it was something they could email as wont be able to get one sent to the uk, well i dont think so

Edited: 16 June 2012, 16:45
Va
Level Contributor
11,045 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

There really is nothing free to a coupon that you have to buy. Unless you plan to go exclusively to the restaurants that are part of it you will have a hard time saving anything. You would have to use it at least 3 times to break even, and then you are looking at saving maybe $3.50 per meal and you are going to drive yourself mad trying to stick with one of the few restaurants that take the card. It just isn't worth it. Even if they were free I doubt I would use it much. I would skip it.

Edited: 16 June 2012, 17:34
7. Re: Kids Eat Free Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:41