We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Is it worth a visit to the Boardwalk one evening or would you just stick to parks/DTD?

The restaurants don't really look like our ideal choice though and was just hoping for something quick and easy. I'm sure I've read somewhere about a 'duelling pianos' bar (can't find it tho).

Sounds great for the kids (12 & 8) to have a stroll around the lake - what else is there to do? Is it likely to cost a fortune or is it more of a chill out evening?

Swansea
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Jelly Rolls is the dueling piano bar. I like the boardwalk its a nice area to just walk around, sit down and have an ice cream after a long day at Epcot. This year we are staying on Disney Property and will use the Boardwalk area more. We will give ESPN club, Jelly Rolls and Flying Fish restaurant a go and visit some of the hotels there too!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Jellyrolls is for over 21's only and there is a cover charge of $10 to get in. Your kids may enjoy ESPN, the novelty of TV's everywhere, including the loos, might amuse them. In the eveings on the Boardwalk there are magicians, street entertainers etc. Quite a nice place to spend a couple of hours after a visit to DHS or EPCOT as you can either walk or catch the boat to get there.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

We visited Boardwalk last time we went to Orlando and was quiet uninspired. It's quite a pretty place, but everything appears to be quite expensive and there's not much to do (it had been raining so perhaps that might have had an affect).

Personally I'd stick with DTD.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

If you are in the area, it is worth having a look around, but in my view it is not worth going out of your way for

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Go Exploring, have a Hot Dog or Pizza or Ice Cream, rent a Surrey Bike, have fun

http://allears.net/btp/brdwlk.htm

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

We stayed at the Beach Club in May a couple of years ago -- it may have been that May was quieter, or maybe we went too early in the day because our kids were pretty young then, but we found it pretty blah. DTD is far more lively.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,462 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

Wouldn't make a special effort and unless you are using Disney transport their parking lot can get very full

eastern ontario
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

i went there for my ;mommy away from the kids' time for a couple of hours...hubby and the kids werent interested, though we all went and walked around a bit, had a dessert at the boardwalk bakery, then they went back on the boat to our hotel and i stayed behind and explored the hotel lobbies and went and lay on the beach at beach club hotel and soaked up some sun! It was very windy and deserted, but it gave me a little break from the craziness!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,746 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

It can be a nice way to kill some time in the evening. You'll need a sitter if you want to partake in watching the dueling pianos and doing some sing-along at Jellyrolls which is 21+. Agree, kids might like eating at ESPN if they are sports minded though. If you have a tight schedule, I wouldn't feel bad about missing it or go to great lengths to add it to the itinerary. If it is down to having time for only Boardwalk or Downtown Disney go with Downtown Disney. If you have the time, it can be fun. It's peaceful and scenic - a good place for a little stroll. At night there are usually a performer or two. A couple of places to grab a snack or treat. You can rent a bike for the family to go around. There are a couple of carnival type games you can pay for to try to win a prize. And as with any Disney resort the hotels are neat to explore especially at X-mas time when there are special decorations. You could even do mini golf nearby across from the Swan/Dolphin

10. Re: Boardwalk - worth a visit one evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:12