We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st night - what to do?

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
1st night - what to do?

Hi all,

we arrive at 5pm so by the time we gt to hotel etc it is likely to be 9pm - plan at the moment is probably to crash and get some sleep but if we feel like going out and seeing/doing something, what would you recommend?

am happy to use park tickets as have unlimited access fo 14 days.

thanks!!

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st night - what to do?

Hi,im sure your adrenalin wont let you go to bed early that first night.if i was you i would try and stay up as long as you can, as you will be up really early the first morning because of time difference...We are going to downtown disney our first night .

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st night - what to do?

Depends where you are staying and who you are with, ie any children.

We tend to just stick around the hotel, and have a swim.

However we normally stay on Disney property so this also makes a difference, If you are in a villa then I would hit Walmart for some groceries.

This year we are staying at Old Key West which is just across from Downtown Disney, and as we are going in a group of 11, and only 3 of us have been a few times before. we figure they will all be too excited to sleep, so we will go get something to eat, and then probably pop into Disney Quest for an hour. Although I expect the teenagers, 13, 14, 17,19,21,21,22,23, will all stay in quest a bit longer than us oldies.

So give us some more information and we will be better equiped to advise you x x

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st night - what to do?

We'll probably end up in Denny's on I Drive getting acustomed to the food portions for the next 16 days!! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st night - what to do?

Where are you staying? That seems like a long time to get to your hotel.

For us the first night is usually dinner and bed, if I had the stamina then probably DTD or Citiwalk would be the place to go..

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st night - what to do?

Hi

Usually have something to eat, Chilli's was always the fav in the past. Have a swim. Watch TV and try to stay up till 9 or 10pm ( 2 or 3 am UK time) .

First morning everyone is up early and ready to go usually to IOA. I'm usually the most excited!

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st night - what to do?

maybe i was being pessimistic with the timings - was assuming that collecting baggage, getting through customs and getting the hire car was going to take forever!

its just me and BF going - we are 28 and 30, so up for staying up late!

we are staying at Hawthorn suites LBV so think that Downtown Disney is quite close

i think i might be desperate to get to MK and watch the fireworks :)

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st night - what to do?

As long as there isn't a huge queue for immigration and car hire, you should realistically be in your hotel room within 3 hrs, so if you want to see the fireworks why not go to the Polynesian resort get a drink and sit on the beach to watch wishes across the lagoon at Magic Kingdom.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st night - what to do?

we normally get checked in unpack then head out for dinner and couple beers as were to excited to sleep as were in orlando again lol

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st night - what to do?

We drop our luggage of at the Villa then its down to the Rain Forrest restraunt at DTD I then know ive arrived .

10. Re: 1st night - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:18