We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoes??

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
shoes??

Hi

anyone got any advice about what footwear to have in the parks? i know that they need to be worn in and comfortable but would people recommend actual walking boots/shoes over trainers?

thanks

Edited: 04 March 2012, 09:54
Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shoes??

I don't think I have seen anyone with walking boots on. Alot of trainers, but I think your feet get overheated with socks and trainers on. We like sandals and got a very comfy pair of croc sandals last time.Got fit flops this year and have been wearing them around the house to break them in.

England
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shoes??

Get a couple of pairs of Birkenstocks - comfiest things ever, I wore them all the time. I bought crocs out there last time for all of us but there was only me that didn't end up with huge blisters - tho I got far worse, really ugly tan lines around my feet - lol

When the crocs rubbed I bought the girls Sanuk flip flops which they said were really comfy. I've heard of some flips made from yoga mats so I might invest in a pair or two :)

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shoes??

Sandels

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shoes??

Croc flip flops the most comfortable shoes ever:)

scotland
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shoes??

Clarks walking sandals

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shoes??

Teva has attractive sandals that are designed to wear in rain/water. They offer me good support and are very comfortable.

I also wear a Birkenstock Milano sandal with the soft footbed. They are beyond comfortable and my favorite.

Whatever you choose make sure you wear them quite a bit before your holiday so they are broken in.

7. Re: shoes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:17