We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

St Paul, Minnesota
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Hello all!

Family trip to WDW is less than three weeks away! 5 whole days at Disney World!

I've been several times before (although it has been over 6 years!) so I'm pretty familiar with the parks. This is the first time, however, that we have park hopping passes.

What are your favorite ways to get from park to park? I've already visited the OLP Transportation Wizard website but I'd love to hear your personal favorite methods. We are staying offsite in LBV and will be driving each day.

Also, do you have any other park hopping tips? Y'all are just full of fun information.

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Best tip I can give is be sure to check the Park Hours, if you leave your car at One Park, you want to be sure you can get back to the car after you have been off hopping to another Park. If The First Park you visit will close earlier than the last Park you visit, move the car :)

We don't hop much, it is time consuming and we find plenty to enjoy for a full day at each Park. We also don't use a car while there so don't need to plan on what times the Parks close as much

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Getting from park to park as directly as possible, there aren't a lot of choices, there's usually just one way to go.

From Magic Kingdom to anywhere else, go to the Transportation & Ticket Center via monorail or ferry. From the TTC, you can catch the monorail to Epcot, the bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios, or the bus to Animal Kingdom. One variation: from MK you can walk to Contemporary Resort and from there take a bus to DHS or AK; both buses will stop at Polynesian Resort and maybe also Grand Floridian before going to the final destination. It works the same way in reverse (for example, if you're leaving DHS, you can take the bus to the TTC and then use the ferry or monorail, OR you can take the bus to Contemporary/Poly/GF and get off at Contemporary [the first stop] and then walk to MK).

To go from AK to anywhere, it's the bus.

Between Epcot and DHS, you have three choices. Two involve Epcot's back entrance, the International Gateway. These include walking between the International Gateway and DHS, or taking a FriendShip boat between the two. Walking is quicker for most people, but the boat is obviously more relaxing. If you need to go to or from Epcot's main entrance, there is a direct bus between there and DHS.

I think that pretty much covers all the bases.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

The easiest for me to Park Hop is between MK and Epcot. I usually do this on my last day at WDW so I can visit my favorite spots.

I just ride the Monorail.

But I just read somewhere that Monorail is to be down for certain times during one month. For the life of me I can't recall the details.

Do you know PartyPa?

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

It sounds like you'll be there around the same time I'll be there (March 21-25). It'll be important to keep in mind that the resort monorail will not to be running between 11:30 AM and 6 PM for probably the entire month.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

oooo thank you CleveRocks for providing info on when monorail is shut down. I knew it was soon.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
300 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Hi MN Jen,

Thanks for asking the question. Looks like we will be there the same time as you and we are offsite at LBV and have park hoppers. I plan to use the hoppers to go back later in the evening for dinner and fireworks.

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Wow, havn't read that the resort mono will be down much of March! As for advice on transfers. I always avoid, when possible, any bus connections @ T&T. This can seem to be the worst area for wait times. IMHO. Buses will pretty much connect directly between any Disney parks plus Downtown Disney. Be advised, there is no reliable resort to resort bus transportation. Some buses may hit 2-3 resorts during one "loop", but don't expect this to be the norm in the unlikely event you need resort to resort transfers. Downtown disney is a fairly good "hub" for transfers, again, IMHO.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

Pumpman,

Just FYI, there are only two Disney Transport buses that stop at the Transportation & Ticket Center (under normal circumstances), and those are a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios and a bus to Animal Kingdom. That's it. Those are the only two.

In addtion, there is no direct bus service between Downtown Disney and the Disney theme parks.

In all my years both going to WDW and combing numerous Internet message boards, one very commonly reported phenomenon is that Downtown Disney buses (that is, buses between the resort hotels and DTD) run slightly less often than other buses and are pretty consistently the most disliked. Of course, your mileage may vary, but this is a very commonly-seem observation on lots of message boards.

If people need to go from resort to resort using Disney Transport, I always advise they consult a map to see the lay of the land in WDW. If any given park is open, it always makes the most sense to let geography be your guide. In other words, as long as parks are open, I would never advise to always use one location as "the" hub to use, because in some cases that would mean driving many miles out of the way. For example, if I was staying at Grand Floridian and wanted to have dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it would make the most sense to use either Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom as the transfer point; in such a case, DTD would be way out of the way. Just an example. And again, it can only work if the park you want to transfer at is still open. When any given park is closed, DTD is pretty much the only option for such Disney Transport bus transfers.

9. Re: Park Hopping Transportation and Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:42