We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which parks to Visit

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Which parks to Visit

Hi,

I am planning to be in Orlando from Nov 11th till Nov 17th (7 days) and am travelling with a 5 year and 9 year old. I definitly would like to visit the following 3 parks

Magic Kingdom

Unversal studios

Sea World

Is 1 day at each of these parks enough at that time of the year. Its a week before thanksgiving and am hoping it wont be very crowded.

I basically would like to do theme parks for 6 days. 3 parks- 1 day break-3 parks

If 1 day at the above 3 parks is enough which other parks shou ld i visit. I would like to add 1 water park atleast in the mix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Ron

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,251 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,995 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which parks to Visit

Animal Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Can't see going all that way and not visiting all 4 Disney Parks

Just a note, check the height requirements for Universal, your 5 year old may be disappointed, best to know before you go

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which parks to Visit

Universal is most important due to spierman/ captain america , hulk etc. This whole trip is to meet them for my 5 year old :-)

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which parks to Visit

I agree with Partypa. I'd also go to Animal Kingdom (don't miss the shows Nemo the Musical, The Lion King, and Birds of Flight). The first two are awesome).

Take them to Epcot. Some people say Epcot is just for adults and I disagree and so did my 3 sons when they visited.

Next go to Hollywood Studios. IF Playhouse Mickey is still a show your little ones will love it. If they want action go to Lights!Motors! Extreme Stunt show.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which parks to Visit

is 1 day enough per park for all these?

Is it too crowded week before thanksgiving?

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which parks to Visit

My girls are 11 and 9. We are working on our 3rd trip. My girls love Magic Kingdom. They were not too excited about Hollywood. We are trying Epcot for the first time in April. Keeping in mind the ages of your children ( unless you have a boy...because then, I've heard about a star wars must do at one of the parks) I would do another day at Magic Kingdom, my next vote would be tied at Hollywood or Animal Kingdom. And or...something we did when the girls were 7 and 9...Discovery Cove. Amazing! Worth every penny and more. With your admission you get a free day at seaworld. Have Fun:)

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,995 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Discovery Cove
Discovery Cove
15,387 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which parks to Visit

is universal studios and islands of adventure 1 park or 2 parks. How much time is needed to cover both

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which parks to Visit

Universal studios and Islands of adventure are separate parks. I would give one day for each as it gives you time to go back to your hotel and relax before your evening meal. If your children are into Harry Potter Islands of adventure is a must and of course the Spiderman ride. I think you have the right idea visiting Magic Kingdom, Universal and Sea World. Universal 2 parks 2 days $136 for adults $126 for children on their website. You could also visit Aquatica water park for the day depending on your plans.

Mentioned in this post
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of...
35,818 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,251 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Aquatica Orlando
Aquatica Orlando
6,692 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,995 Reviews
Orlando, FL
NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which parks to Visit

Thanks..

which is the best water park in Orlando.. Aquatica?

Mentioned in this post
Aquatica Orlando
Aquatica Orlando
6,692 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which parks to Visit

Although there are 2 Universal parks, they are right next to each other. I prefer going for 2 days, but they can be seen in one (if you only have 1 day). You could also take 2 days and visit both parks on each day...you don't have to visit only 1 per day. If your primary reason for visiting Universal is for the characters mentioned...you will find them in Islands of Adventure.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which parks to Visit

Tough decision.

I would definately add Hollywood Studios, a boy that age loves that park. Pixar Characters, Stunt Show, Toy Story Mania and Indiana Jones show. Plenty for the whole family.

My family could skip most of Epcot, we go every year but for Test Track. We actually skipped Soarin last time.

Both Disney waterparks are good.

I probably would do a water park or Animal Kingdom (we love AK, kids will love Dinosaur, Kali River, and Bugs life movie)instead of rest day. They will say they are bored come 11:00 that day.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dinosaur
Dinosaur
155 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL