We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to take on a day out??

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to take on a day out??

My husband and daughter (6) and son (9) are staying at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando in International Drive from the 3-17th July. We are not hiring a car and will be using the Lynx bus service for visits to all parks. We have tickets for them all including Busch Gardens. I have been wondering what are the essentials to take with me on a day out? Thinking money, tickets, bottle of water, suncream and possibly towels if visiting a water park. Any advice about the size of bag I am going to have to buy to carry about with me all day and what I really need to be taking each day?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to take on a day out??

For the parks we take a medium sized rucksack with money/tickets, camera, sun cream, sun glasses, caps, frozen bottle of water, and a couple of snacks for the kids.

For water parks we take loads more: all the above; towels; books; swim gear and picnic. But we do have a car.

motherwell
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to take on a day out??

We also take a medium sized Rucksack with us which has the usual Suncreme, water and the essential Raincapes (get out of Asda/Walmart) before you go, we have been numerous times in July and had a shower about 4pm although it is scorching weather and they can cost a fortune if you are in a Park when it happens and always good for the Water rides when you can get really soaked, another tip is to buy a souveneir cup in the park (you need a seperate 1 for Disney and Universal) you can take it back each day you visit and get refills for less than a Dollar and saves us a lot of money on really warm days. You may also want to take a few snacks sanwiches, crisps etc as the park food can be expensive unless you have budgeted for it, pity you are not driving, I think a Villa would have been great for you with the space and your own pool it's fab.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,743 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to take on a day out??

We take a small rucksack and take all of the above plus headache pills, wet wipes, tissues... our list is endless! The most important things are suncream, frozen bottled water and hats!!!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to take on a day out??

My husband wore a med size rucksack and my 9 yr old son wore a small Liverpool rucksack, so I put lotion, and a few light weight bits in his ,but we also took a few bottles of water bought at Walgreens opposite your Hotel and a few snacky things because kids always want a drink as soon as we set off anywhere. A nd yours will travelling in July. Flannels will be handy for you to take as you can wet them in the drinks fountains and cool down with them :)

scotland
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to take on a day out??

Nowadays we take very little into the parks, but, with children, you do need to take extra stuff. I'd suggest decanting enough suncream into a smaller squeezy bottle as the full sized ones weigh quite a lot. In Disney, apparently, you can go to any food stall and ask for a free glass of water so you may not need to load up with too much water. Anything that cuts the weight down is good. I'd also buy some moleskin and carry a few precut bits in case of blisters.

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to take on a day out??

Brilliant advice everyone thanks. Looking like the men will be carrying the bags and us girls can get a nice all over tan! Loving the flannels and suncream ideas. My shopping list just keeps getting bigger. Does anyone hire towels in the water parks?

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to take on a day out??

Jay45 where do you buy moleskin?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to take on a day out??

We take all of the above and also a small deodorant and talc for freshening up as most times we go straight to a restaurant from the theme parks.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to take on a day out??

we also take a small rucksack with us and use it to hold any tickets for the parks sunscreen and hats, sunglasses and that bout it, always keep money on our person

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to take on a day out??

if you and your hubby take a rucsack each, just small/child-sized ones, you'll be able to fit in everything you need :-) money, tickets, sunglasses, hats, poncho, camera, sunblock, etc!