We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

romford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

We woke up about 9am and headed off to Clearwater at 10. After a stop off at McDonalds for breakfast, where one worker asked us if we had McDonalds in London. We hit the beach at 12.00 and despite it being packed out with early spring breakers we had no problem finding a spot. The water was so clear and rather warm bearing in mind it is still early march. We sun bathed played soccer and american football and all got a little bit pink. The sun started to go down and the crowds started dispersing around 5am so we followed suite.

We got back to the villa at just gone 7 got showered and changed and went out again for dinner at longhorn steak house on the 192. I love this place, the servers are fantastic, the food is delicious and all relatively well priced. I had the full rack of ribs and the meat just fell off the bone!! After this we crossed the road, being lazy and got in the car to do this, although we agreed it would be safer than trying to have to cross 6 lanes of traffic when drunk. If anyone goes to the millers alehouse make sure you get a pitcher!! $6 for a pitcher compared to $4 for a pint. We headed back home about 01.00 and made a plan to park hope both universals tomorrow.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

Was it really safer to drive the car whilst drunk?? LOL !

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

hi,

was it worth going to clearwater? BF keeps saying that he wants to see thesea when we go, butit looks like a long drive to me and might not end up being the relaxing rest day as planned.

we have never been before and only have 2 weeks there.

would you recommend the beach for a full day?

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

LOL ... your last line made me chuckle, i think you hope to do both Universal parks tomorrow. Have a good day :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

Yes, I am enjoying reading about your fun and frolics but have been hoping you have a designated driver. As alcohol consumption will invalidate your car insurance.

the whole wanting to have a drink but having to drive if you stay in a villa is whey I rec some to stay in condos walking distance to bars/restaurants for some.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

He does have designated driver, one of them doesn't drink :) I think he meant park hop. Great report, we are hoping to go to Clearwater for a day visit next year, the beach and sea sound lovely :)

Mentioned in this post
romford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

Yes I did mean park hop, that will teach me to write a trip report at 00.30 lol.

Yes Clearwater is well worth the visit and is a very relaxing day, I would leave earlier than 10 though to get the most out of it. We are staying just off junction 55 in i4 and took us just over 2 hours with a stop.

And yes we do have a designated driver who doesn't drink alcohol at all!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

Hi , We are going for 2 weeks in June and have booked a night at the Hyatt at Clearwater Beach. Do you think it is worth it to take 2 days out for this or would we be better to drive there and back? We just fancy something different and a meal there at night but if all can be accomplished in a day then maybe we should spare that expense? Thanks.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

Clearwater is gorgeous, well worth the trip in my opinion, great for the day...but if you overnight...better still!

The whitter than white sand always takes my breath away, the sunsets, and watching the pelicans diving.

Try to be there for a Friday or Saturday night for free entertainment and crafts on the pier.

Simply stunning!

Mentioned in this post
romford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

What I have done in the past was overnight in Tampa, in just a cheap hotel and do bush gardens the next day saves doing two trips to Tampa that way.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live trip report day 9 clearwater beach day

ails757 - you will love the Hyatt at Clearwater...we stayed for a week here last November. Didn't want to leave :-)))

Mentioned in this post