We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Not so much of a Itinerary more a list of things we want to do. I have decided against Disneyland as not really that keen on it and the expense isn't worth it for me. We may change our mind but at this point its not in our plans.

Couple Mid 20's

- Universal 14 day pass (Two Parks)

- Kennedy Space Centre (1 Day)

- Gaitorland / Airboat Ride (1 Day)

- Daytona Beach (1 Day)

- Clearwater (1 Day)

- Tampa (1 Day)

- Celebration (1 Day)

- Miami Beach (1 to 2 Days - Possible overnight stop)

- Hotel Pool / I-Drive Area / Shopping (2 Days)

Not really the conventional Orlando holiday would imagine we will only spend a few days at Universal but the tickets are reasonably priced so don't mind spending the money. I had originally wanted to visit Key West but looks like alot of driving so think we will just try and pick up a few beaches nearby.

Aim of the holiday is more rest amd relaxation than all out adrenalin rush and we both like to explore new places and see what is on offer.

Any thoughts / opinions / advice greatly appreciated.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Is the Itinerary that bad its not worth commenting on lol.

Or is it the fact its 4 pages back due to me posting at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,086 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Looks fine to me although cut Celebration down to a few hours nothing much going on there for youngsters like yourselves lol.

Miami will deffo need an overnight stay or two it's a long drive.

I recommend spending some time at Downtown Disney it's a nice place to visit day or night, free to park and no emtrance fee

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Where are you staying or are you doing a flydrive, as there are only a couple of things in Orlando you are interested I would probably stay at various hotels along my way. I definitely wouldn't base my whole holiday in Orlando, looking at what you want to do. I would probably spend a couple of days visiting Universal then take off to the east coast, Kennedy and Daytona and drive along down to Miami and up the west coast, Tampa & Clearwater and back across to Orlando stoping at various hotels along the way. Celebration is a couple of hours at most, you could easily do that and Gatorland in the same day.

Glad you're giving Disneyland a miss as it's thousands of miles away in California! Disneyworld is what you'll be missing :)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

Lol ok Disneyworld, but hey whats a few thousand miles on a sunny day :/

Staying on I-Drive but really the hotel is only a base and pretty much worked out only slightly more expensive for flights & hotel than for flights on there own. Still open to the possibility of a few overnight stays at different places or a mini roadtrip in the middle of the two weeks down the atlantic coast and back up the gulf coast.

That said my better half did say yesterday "it would be a shame to travel all that way and not see Disney as we might never go again".....so my plans are still subject to the change.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,086 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

The whole point of a holiday is to be flexible, you have it right - a list of places to go and to see but no firm plan- excellent!!

Bet you go to a Disney park lol

6. Re: Basic Itinerary 28th April - 14th May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:40