We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
997 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

We are considering going to Disney again this year because we have some air miles. We really need to keep the cost as low as possible. We stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa and really loved it but for 8 nights in the summer it was ridiculous like 1600. 2 years ago I paid 1800 for flight and hotel for 8 nights!

So, where can a family of 5 stay (2 bedrooms at least) near Disney that is nice? Doesn't have to be fancy but clean and comfortable with decent beds and a nicer clean pool.

I have been looking at Vista Cay because I can rent there but it seems a bit far from Disney! I also considered bidding on priceline, (which i have done many times before in the caribbean), but I the prices haven't been that great either!

Tell me where and who you booked with if possible as well! On my wish list I would love love to have an included breakfast but that may be a pipe dream.

Thanks so much!

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

Have a look at Cypress Pointe at Lake Buena Vista - usually comes in at a really good price.

Chris

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,554 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

Staybridge suites LBV is clean,convenient,great staff,reasonable 2 bedrooms.We use Priceline for Disney quite a bit but unless you know the area really well,their geographic areas are pretty inexact

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

I like SkyAuction for cheap condos. Depending on the season you can get a two bedroom in the $300-$700/week range. I've used SkyAuction many times and been very happy with them. You do need to be sure of your dates because these usually can't be changed or canceled. My favorite of the "cheap" condos is Silver Lake-you do need a car here though. Last December I was able to book Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $350/week but that was an unusually good deal.

www.skyauction.com/vacation/vacation-rentals

Endless Vacation Rentals is usually pricier but you get a bit more flexibility.

http://www.endless-vacation-rentals.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

There's normally some good deals to be had at Bahama Bay. It's close enough to everything there.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

The Cheapest is Sky Auciton for Silver Lake as Jsmla has said.

I have gotten really great deals at Cypress Pointe mentionned in post 1 as well. We too are a fam of five and have stayed there at Least 4 times. Close to DTD, and lots of restaurants around and a winn Dixie and Walgreens close by.

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

What are your travel dates ?

Niceville, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

Check out floridays. For 2 bedrooms and kitchen. We got it for a great price. Yes we had a discounted rate...government but it wasn't much more if booked in advance. Check out the entertainment book also. It offered a better rate.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

Agree with staybridge LBV which would also help save on breakfast since its included. Also agree with cypress point, stayed there last year. We have also stayed at Vacation Village at parkway and Silver lakes and found them both affordable, clean and had great stats at both.

Fulton, Mississippi
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

I found a great package on ebay. My husband has said he would NEVER set thru one of those timeshare deals again but he is eating those words. (I once set us up for 3 in one week at Myrtle Beach.) I explained what I had found, 5 nights, 2 bedroom villa for $229 plus tax and we could add up to 2 extra nights for $75 per night. To save several hundred $$$$, he agreed. The ebay member I used is squirrel-travel, I have talked with them on the phone to confirm the dates and read the reviews by other members. So far everything is looking good. I love to SAVE BIG!!!!!

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me where you stayed cheap that will work family of 5!

We always grab a nearby Embassy Suites. We try for 2 qn beds & then there's a pullout couch in the living room. They're not spacious like a condo (above) but they fill the bill when all we're doing is coming in to crash! And breakfast in the morning is made-to-order & is included. :)

Our kids are young and super flexible, so they just enjoy the adventure of it all.