We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Photo Pass CD

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Photo Pass CD

Hi

I believe the cost is supposed to rise significantly in the near future - my questions

- Can you pre-purchase and if so, how?

- Would it be worth it? We bought it last time we went because the kids did all the autograph stops but this time they're a bit older I'm hoping not to have to spend hours queueing to meet the characters. Are there other photo opportunities? We'll be doing all the parks inlcuding waterparks plus a few TS (just one character meal though - well for now!).

What would you advise? We'll all have our own cameras but sometimes it's just nice to know that you're guaranteed some decent shots and pics with the whole family

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

You can add your own photos but you cannot Edit your photos, you can not add the cute Boarders and such that you can add to the Photopass photos

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

Hi, I'm looking into purchasing this too for my trip in October - still not fully understanding !

If I pre book the CD when I'm there how do they put the photos on it? After I purchase the CD does it get sent to me or??

And does this mean any photos on the ride or with characters that is taken gets put on the CD? Rather than purchasing each photo seperate and paying a fortune ? Because I want photos on a few rides and with characters is this the best opinion ?

I'm attending Orlando at the start of my holiday around America and don't arrive home to Australia after another 20days so I was worried when you have to purchase the photos online within 30 days or they get deleted .. Right?

Also can the CD also be used in Disneyland ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

I have checked I don't arrive home until day 30.

I understand I could probably do this from a computer in America .. Correct?

But is there a way of doing it in the parks?

I relised you can use the photo pass in California so I'd be doing it after spending a couple of days there...

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

Your Pre purchase the CD on line

You will have a Credit

Go to Disney World, have the Photopass Photographers take lots of Photos, the first one you have taken, you will be given a Photopass card, like a credit card, use this card every time you have a photo taken, ( we always take a photo of the photo pass card incase we lose it, Disney can then track your photos and add them to a new card if needed )

Once you get home, you log into your Photopass account and download all the photos that were taken that you want. You can also add boarders and edit the photos if you want. You can also download your own photos.

You hit order, you add your PrePurchase code and or your shopping cart should show that you have a Credit. The CD is put in the Post to you :)

You can view your photos Before you leave Disney World but the clock starts ticking if you download them right then. You will have 30 days, that should be enough time ( 10 days to view, edit and order ) but if not you can buy an extension period of time

I don't believe the Photopass is interchangeable with Disneyland. You can add tour own photos from Disneyland or from anywhere else you might go . Will investigate that further

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

Is there any limit to the number of photographs you can have taken? If there are two couples but you want the phots on one CD can you get a second card? I am just thinking that my son and his girlfriend will not want to spend all their time with us (especially with me being a bit of an old croc)!

Regards,

Deaconblue

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

We have gotten about 300 or more, no limit really. Some people have reported that Dismey Sent them two CDs because they has so many

You can all use different cards and then combine all,of the photos later, not a problem. We once had about 5 different cards, kept leaving them in our room or the family member with the card walked off somewhere, just got another card and were sorted out later :)

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

I did some research on it before purchasing it today and this is what I found.

Only the photos taken by photographers can be on your CD, not photos from rides with the exception of Test Track at Epcot. It also includes photos taken at the character meals and Bippidi Boppidi Boutique if you give them your photopass. Also, as Partypa said, you can upload your own photos to include on the cd as well. You have 30 days to go online and get them. You can edit the photos with Disney's special borders, signatures, and other clip art. However, if you edit your own photos that you uploaded off of your camera the special features will not come out on the CD, it is an additional and separate charge to edit your own photos. You can access the account at any time, even if it is before you get home, as long as you log onto your account and "claim" the photos before 30 days, which means you enter your photo pass ID on your account or log into your account after additional photos have been added to an ID that was already registerd. Once you claim your photos you will have an additional 30 days to order your cd, prints, or other photo gifts before the photos are deleted from your account. They also have options to extend the deadline by 7 days or 15 days for a small charge.

There is no limit to the number of photos you can have, but they only put 300 photos on each cd. So if you get 700 photos they will send 3 cd's in your order for no additional charge. You can add as many photo pass ID numbers to your account as you need, so each member of your party could have their own pass and you could include all of the passes in one account to arrive on the same cd order.

I still can't decide if $100 is worth it for some family photos, especially since everyone has said that the photographers are happy to take a picture with your personal camera as well. But I went ahead and purchased because of the guarantee. If you change your mind after your trip because you aren't happy with the photos and you don't order the cd, you can get a refund. Once you have ordered the cd they will no longer offer you a refund.

Also, if you pre-purchase your CD, be sure to let the photographers know because they will spend more time taking multiple interesting pictures if they know you have purchased them.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

Here is some great info! www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

We just returned from WDW and did the cd. We came home with 200+ pics and they are great. I believe that the only real reason to upload your pics is if you find that you want to order their archive disc of your pics which is $19.95 or if you want to use one of your pictures to order a mug, calendar etc. there are tons of locations where they will take your pic without queuing for characters. You can also add a ride photopass, but it costs more except for Testtrack. They added our digital photo for free.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Disney Photo Pass CD

So there is an option to have ride photos added? Do you know how much that costs?