We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meal plans

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
111 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
meal plans

I am taking my grandchildren ages 4 and 8 to Disney in NOvember and trying to decide which of the meal plans would be good to get. I would appreciate any advice,

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: meal plans

the basic dining plan which includes 1 quick service, 1 table service, and a snack is great and the most convenient. With the deluxe dining plan 3 table service meals a day IMHO is almost too much food and takes up a lot of time.

Prior to checking in we normally order breakfast like items and some additional snacks from www.gardengrocer.com, they deliver direct to all Disney hotels. So we pretty much eat breakfast in our room while getting ready or before leaving for the parks. If we feel like eating out in the morning, we either eat at our hotel or pick up something quick and easy in the parks. For lunch we usually use the quick service credit (more than enough food) and then go a a nice sit down table service or buffet meal for dinner, usually at whichever park has the evening extra magic hours.

Below is a link to allears, with great info on the dining plans!

Hope this info helps,

Jos

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: meal plans

Oops, sorry forgot to post the link! :-)

http://allears.net/pl/packages.htm

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meal plans

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852728

Here are some opinions.

We never use it, we always spend less out of pocket than the plan would have cost (even with table service dinners every night). Liquor and tips are not included. We bring breakfast items from home (saves money and more importantly time).

See if when you're going free dining is offered, than you can choose between free dining or a room discount (whichever works out better for your group).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meal plans

We bought the DIsneyworld meal package and I'm wondering up to what time you can buy breakfast. Would they still serve breakfast at 11 am?

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: meal plans

Hours can vary at counter Service, table service, Resort or Park

Have a look at this Link, most hours will be included for each location

wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
982 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meal plans

We did the math by looking at the menus, the prices, the tax, etc and adding up what everything would cost. I firmly believed that the meal plans didn't save us money. We found that, for our family of 4 (2 adults, 13, and 7), the quick service plan was just about exactly what we would pay out of pocket. We were planning to do that this summer. Then we wanted to do one character breakfast, and try out Be Our Guest at dinner...and with the addition of just these two sit-down meals, the regular dining plan was the better deal.

But it really does depend on what you plan to eat. If you want to get the best deal, it is worthwhile to check out the menus and try to add up the prices. As you can see, one of the previous posters has a completely opposite experience from us. Some of the quick service meals do have big portions and it would be totally possible for people who aren't feeding teenagers to share. :)

You can try to get a per day/per park figure as a shortcut.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: meal plans

For our family, the value of the dining plan is all about choices. The reality is that we would probably spend a little bit less money if we paid for everything out of pocket. However, we would make very different choices. I would constantly be thinking about the prices of items ont he menu, and would make choices based on those prices. With the dining plan, we just make pick the things we would like, and don't worry about the price. When you compare the cost of what we actually ordered with the cost of the dining plan, it is always less than what we actually spent on the dining plan.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: meal plans

the op came and went already :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: meal plans