We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids eat free cards.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kids eat free cards.

Hi everyone.

myself and family go to orlando for a villa holiday in 8 weeks. I have come across an offer on undercover tourist for a kids eat free card for around ten pounds. It gives a list of restaurants where children eat free. Has anyone any experience of this or know if there are any catches. Iv also been looking on ebay at diamond car park passes and people selling their car parking permits for around 15 pounds per week, Any experience or reccomendations of this, Thanks.

Steve

Va
Level Contributor
11,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids eat free cards.

kids eat free is not exactly free. You are looking at $15. That is about 4 kids meals just to break even. How many of those restaurants would you actually go to if you didn't have the card? If your answer is less than 4 then don't waste your money.

The diamond parking pass, depending on when you are going may be worth it. I have parked close enough to walk without it, but it could save you 10 mins on the tram.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids eat free cards.

We bought the £ 10 kids eat free card and after 2 meals they had paid for them selves. No catches but it depends on where you like to eat but we used it at Pacino's Nascar and once at Macdonalds and a few more and never had any problems. You just pay for the drinks.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids eat free cards.

Thats great. Thanks for both your posts.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids eat free cards.

We got the kids eat free card ( free) when we purchased tickets last year. We didn't go to any restaurants on the card so didn't use it. Check the restaurants out on their website before you buy.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids eat free cards.

You probably know this but just in case, the AAA disamond parking pass doesn't cover your parking charge, it just allows you to park at the front of the lot if there are spaces available. If you arrive early you can normally walk to the gates, we usually walk to the gates at AK, DHS & EPCOT if we drive.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids eat free cards.

In response to the sale of parking permits for free parking. You are not able to buy a weekly parking permit at Disney, and so I assume the person on ebay is renting out an annual pass for the parks (which includes free parking). The annual pass will be in the sellers name and connected to them by the finger print and so the parking is the only part that can possibly be used by someone else. We buy annual passes, and we have never been asked for ID at Disney but we have recently been asked for ID at Universal when parking. Obviously if you are asked for ID and the pass is not in your name you won't get the free parking, and the pass, I suppose, could be confiscated (worst case), but I suppose that is the sellers risk. As I said we have used Disney annual passes for a few years now and not been asked, but you never know.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,349 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids eat free cards.

It does work out if you use them. We made our money out of them just from using it at Breakfast places but we realised that we did not fully utilise it as a lot of places were in International drive.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids eat free cards.

I am looking into the card now, and I was wondering if there are any places in Orlando where I can buy the card or do I really have to order it? So far it is $19.99 but I have been looking to see if I find some sort of coupon code...so far no luck.

Pontypridd
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids eat free cards.

I've ordered mine on line but need to collect it from the Tourist Info place on Idrive, so I would think you could buy them there also.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids eat free cards.

If you buy your park tickets through www.floridatix.co.uk, they were throwing in the Kids Eat Free cards for nothing (although the offer has just changed again, but is regularly available). We've had them in the past, but not used them as the participating restaurants weren't always to our preferrence.

We have them again free this year, let's see how it goes & whether they do actually get used...

I've also bought an AAA Diamond parking pass. I figured that for £15 it was worth buying, and if it doesn't work for us or is confiscated as Judith mentions above, we've not lost anything of significant £ value.