We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

Hi all.

I am calling on all of your expertise again! We are a family of 4 going in May for 10 days staying at AKL. Arrive 13/5 around 3pm local time.

Itinerary so far:

Sun 13 - explore hotel, dip in pool & dinner reservation at Boma

Mon 14 - Character breakfast at Tusker. Spend day in AKL

Tue 15 - Universal for the day (booked with Dreams Unlimited to get transport as well based on advice off the forum)

Wed 16 - Chilling. Advice would be good for something to do that is easy to get to and not too exhausting. Lunch reservation at Raglan Rd 2pm.

Thu 17 - MK. Have breakfast res at Cinderellas Royal Table. Spend day at MK

Fri 18 - Epcot. Dinner res at Le Cellier

Sat 19 & Sun 20 - need advice. Definitely want to do DHS on one of the days as my eldest is into Star Wars and I believe it is a Star Wars weekend

Mon 21 - back at DHS. Dinner & show res at Mama Melrose for Fantasmic

Tue 22 - need advice. Go back to Universal or take in Sea World? Maybe something else entirely?

Wed 23 - fly back home in the evenning so maybe revisit favourite park in the morning.

Quite a long post so hopefully you have stuck with it! Need advice on balance of dining plan bookings; whether above intinerary is too much; where to eat at Universal; where to pick up passes for Disney parks and anything else you think would be useful.

Thanks in advance

Evander72

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

If you are flying with Virgin you can check in at Downtown Disney from about 8am, this gets rid of your cases the next time you will see them is back in the UK, you also receive your boarding passes.

Personally on our last day after checking in at Downtown Disney we head back to AKL and spend the day by the pool, keep your swimming costumes in a plastic carrier bag and sun cream that you can ditch later that is all you will need. There are free towels and proper showers with shampoo and soap down by the pool.

How about a day at Discovery Cove http://www.discoverycove.com/

Besides swimming with dolphins there are several pools you can go swimming in including one with fish, there is a lazy river that takes you slowly around most of the park, sandy beaches and a very large Avery where you can feed the birds.

Also what about a shopping half day?

If you want I have Disney notes for first timers, I will need an email address to send them to.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

On the 16th, since you are going to Raglan Road anyway, I would check out all of the shops at Downtown Disney as part of your "chilling out". Anything you buy there can be shipped back to your hotel, as you will be staying on-site. Here is information as to what is currently at Downtown Disney:

…go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

By the way, you are correct about Star Wars Weekends - the first weekend this year is May 18th -20th. See this:

…go.com/parks/…

Also, note that you are planning to be at Epcot on the final weekend of the Flower and Garden Festival. That is something that you will definitely want to see. Also, Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees is the musical act that weekend, taking over for the late Davy Jones, so that is something you will want to see too.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

Thanks for the help. I still need advice about where to pick tickets up from. As we purchased through Disney website do we have to collect at park gates or can we collect elsewhere on the first day, say, DTD? Also, where is good to eat around DHS. Understand the restuarants aren't too good inside the park. What is close by that we could book on the DDP?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

You can have the tickets added to your room key card at the AKL or you can pick them up at DTD. You are right about resturants at DHS although depending on how old your kids are they may like the Sc Fi diner, the food isn't great but the novelty of sitting in a car in a drive in watching old sc fi films might keep them entertained.

If they are older they may enjoy ESPN at the Boardwalk a short boatride away from the park, there are lods of TV screens all over the place, even in the loos, with all sorts of sports showing. The food is pretty good here too.

6. Re: Help filling gaps in first timers itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 09:48