We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Reservation for April. First time to Universal. I keep hearing the worst reviews about the Hard Rock Hotel. Anyone have a great experience?? I read the reviews for all three Universal Hotel....a huge mix. Help!

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

I have never stayed there but have heard really good reviews about it. We have been considering staying there in the future.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,680 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

We prefer Portofino, the music is supposedly loud at the Hard Rock pool, and we like to relax at the pool after a hard day in the parks. My daughter and her friends stayed at Hard Rock a few years ago and loved it. Reviews for any hotel are all over the place, so it is difficult to figure how one person can love it and the next one hates it!!! I think you'll be fine and be happy to stay on site. :)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

From what I have heard on here I think people mostly like all three hotels, it is just what you prefer. The Royal Pacific is usually the cheapest and has a tropical theme, no waterslides at the pool, but they have a splash pad. Hard Rock is a little more expensive usually and I have heard is a neat place to stay but there is loud music all the time there, and there is a waterslide. And the Portifino is the most expensive, and has a waterslide, but I have heard that is the most adult oriented hotel. I have also heard that the rooms get bigger as you move up to the more expensive hotel.

Level Contributor
2,551 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Staying there next week. We will let you know how it goes. Agree seems reviews are all over the board. I thought Hard Rock had the best overall of all three resorts on site.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

HR is probably one of the best resorts I have stayed at in the past. If you enjoy classic rock and want to have a little luxury along the way then HR is a must!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

We stayed there last christmas and loved it, I can say thet loud music doesn't spring to mind when I think about our stay there. I am a person who hates loud music and the music didn't bother me.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Have been there and the HRH is fab!!

Not sure what the bad reviews are about but I can tell you that the hotel is really really good!

Portofino and Royal Pacific too...

Not sure what one can find to complain about. Only thing would be personal experiences with stuff or so :-)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Haven't stayed at the Hard Rock but have had a wander around and it looks fab. We usually try and stay at the Portofino which is beautiful and little more adult orientated. Stayed at the Royal Pacific in January and had a great time, it has the best pool bar. All three hotels are really good I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I can't fault either of the 2 I have stayed at and yet they too have some dodgy reviews. Some people you just can't please!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

...You all are great! I will keep us at the Hard Rock:) tytyty!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal, Hard Rock Hotel...second guessing myself!!

Stayed there at least 5 times and would definitely go back. I would not stay there for2 weeks as it's too expensive but would stay up to 4 nights if doing Universal parks.