We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to cruise port

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
airport to cruise port

I am looking into transportation for our cruise in April...anyone found a reliable company that is cheaper than the cruise transfers??? I'm having a hard time...cruise wants $75 rt pp, there are 2 of us...seems expensive to me!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to cruise port

Why not just rent a car with pick-up at MCO and drop off at Port! Probably cheapest way. Also could get one to come back. From what I've read is an easy option with rental companies providing shuttle to dock.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to cruise port

Might be an option if the price is worth it.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to cruise port

That would be my recommendation too - two, one-way rentals.

This is also a very frequent topic on Cruise Critic: boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to cruise port

Seems like a big hassle....how muchbis one day rental?

I found Cocoa Beach Shuttles...which is cheaper....anyone evervused them?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to cruise port

"Seems like a big hassle....how muchbis one day rental? "

It varies by date, size of car, rental company, applicable discounts, etc. Do your homework!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to cruise port

Look at Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise and Hertz. Most have very attractive one-way rates without drop-off charges between MCO and Port Canaveral, especially if you have a discount number. Then look at Hotwire.com for the same trip. Then, go to Priceline.com and bid the Hotwire rate less 20-25%. You may not get the deal at first, but don't be in too big a hurry to raise your bid -- do so gradually.

The only time that the rates become prohibitive is around major holidays, so if you are going around Easter, you may have to pay more. For non-peak periods, you should be able to get a car for $50 or less, and the return is right near the port, so the shuttle only takes 10 minutes or less.

I used to recommend CB Shittle, but have seen a couple of complaints recently. AAA taxi and TraveLynx are a couple you might try, but $30-35 per person one-way is a fair rate.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 22:38
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to cruise port

Uh, that's shuttle. Typo, no editorial comment intended!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to cruise port

Thanks PhotoTravels for you help!

I did my 'homework' but every price i got was $50 per day....trying to see how that compares, didn't see much savings in that after two one day rentals and gas.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport to cruise port

Using Thrifty and corporate #004M001010, I can see rates as low as $36 for a dummy rental tomorrow.

(Corporate discount #004M001010 is the Orlando Magicard rate and freely available to all.) visitorlando.com/discounts-and-tickets/…

Edited: 23 March 2012, 23:54
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport to cruise port

Thrifty has a $50 drop off fee...even with that promo code...makes it $75 a day. :(