We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

Neighbor told me, you had to check all backpacks in before entering??

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

You can carry a pack into the park but you are not allowed to carry one on many of the rides. There are lockers that you can use, but they only offer a short time for free until you must pay. On my next visit, I'll only carry a water bottle, small camera and jacket around my waist and try to avoid checking anything.

Level Contributor
2,610 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

Is it the same for purses? I am not going to go on the roller coasters. Leaving that to my kids but do you need to check your bag for everything? I usually carry a backpack in lieu of a purse but may change my mind this trip.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,866 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

disboards.com/archive/…t-2721710.html

Found this, it's just a few rides you have to put your bag in a locker. Look under "Dark Maurader's" answer. :)

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

You can carry a bag, but it is searched upon entry. Majority of major rides make you store anything in a locker, but is free for a certain time. The time is determined by the que wait time.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

At Universal parks, you can't take even a purse on the rides; you must leave anything that isn't "attached" to your body (like a fanny pack) in the lockers.

The lockers are free to use for a limited amount of time, but we've seen times when the lines for the rides are longer than the amount of "free" time you have at the lockers, then you have to pay to get the locker opened.

6. Re: Universal, Can you carry a back pack through park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:42