We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Book for Disney info

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Best Book for Disney info

I have the 'passporters Walt Disney World, travel guide book. Has anyone used this book? Comments on the usefulness of the book? What are other good guides? Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
729 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Book for Disney info

I can't comment on the books however, if you have a smart phone, take advantage of one of the great apps to use while in the parks. One in particular is Mobile Magic which enables you to find out attraction wait times, search for dining options, find character appearances in the park, and more...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Thanks!

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Book for Disney info

The best travel book for Disney I've read is "The Unofficial Guide to Walt DisneyWorld", by Sehlinger. The only trouble with it is that it is really big, but it sure has good information including touring plans.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Great thanks.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Book for Disney info

I agree with the Unofficial Guide. I got it from our library, brought it to Orlando, brought it home and returned it. The touring plans really helped a lot, and I tended to agree with all of the authors' ratings of the rides (rare!). I knew after a day or so if they said "skip it" they were probably right. But mostly they tell you how to tackle a park without wasting time and spend as much time on rides and avoiding lines as possible. Plus its funny.

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Another vote for the unofficial guide, lot of information but very useful.

The linked website touringplans is excellent as well especially for crowd levels. Wish they would do universal though.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Thanks much.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Book for Disney info

I bought the unofficial guide to WDW with kids - this is great book. Thank you for the reccommendation.

Chicago
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Here's another vote for the Unofficial Guide. I also have Passporters, but after reading each I would definitely pick UG as the better of the two.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Book for Disney info

Thank you. I have been learning lots of information from the UG.