We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

I have now read so much information that it is all swirling together. I thought I had decided on a moderate resort because I wanted some full service dining options but from reading reviews of the restaurants at those resorts... they don't seem like they are all that great. So, then I thought if I was going to go with a value resort I should get one with a suite so my husband and I would have some space to be once the kids were asleep, but pop century seems to get the best reviews and they don't have suites. I am so confused.

We will be there for seven nights.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

We have a 6 and 9 year old and have never been to disney.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

The All Star Music Suites would fit your needs

http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

I wouldn't worry about the Table Service Dining Options at the Resorts, altho many have lovely Restaurants, you can eat anywhere, at any Park or any Resort

Port Orleans Riverside has Boatwrights, it's pretty good. The Food Court is wonderful, we quite enjoy the menu options there. It's a great Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

Coronado Springs is another favourite of ours. All the Dining Options there are very good. The Resort itself is very nice, it is the Deluxe of the Moderates

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2828206

Having a separate bedroom is nice but to be honest, at the end of the day you all hit the pillows pretty quick :)

Here are some videos of all the Resorts

http://allears.net/acc/resortvids.htm

What are your travel dates ? There are some Promotions right now :)

Edited: 29 March 2012, 22:46
Minnesota
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

We are planning to go October 12 through the 20. I know there are free dining options in sept. but I can't swing a trip that close to the beginning of school.

Are there certain resorts that will be closer to Downtown disney or other off resort food?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter are both a boat or bus ride from Downtown Disney, so about 15 mins away from what I have read.

From looking at the map I think Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are also near Downtown Disney, but I don't know much about either of those resorts. Sorry.

Edited: 29 March 2012, 23:14
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

Also just to give you another option the new Art of Animation resort has suites and will be open for your vacation. Details here:

…go.com/resorts/art-of-animation-resort/

Obviously there are no reviews on it since it is not open yet but it will be across from Pop Century and from what I have heard will have its own bus (not share with other resorts, which is what a lot of complaints at value resorts are about). Being new it should be really lovely.

Hope this doesn't confuse matters more.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

Will just say again, you can eat anywhere, at any Disney Park or Resort or Downtown Disney. I wouldn't base my Resort choice on the Resort Dining options. IMHO that really need not play a role

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are indeed close to Downtown Disney. They are Both Deluxe Resorts

There have been some very nice room discounts for October, those will not be released for a few months yet

You can of course book something now and Modify your reservation later to include the new discounts. Free dining has been extended as well, the last two years but again, we won't know about that for a little bit

Please book Direct with Disney or an Offical Disney Travel Agent such as AAA, if you are a member OR with www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com so you Can Modify later if needed, without a hassle or fees :)

Here are all the Dining Options at Disney

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

Pop Century and the Art of Disney Animation are not very far from Downtown Disney via bus (and as noted above, Disney has said that the two resorts will not share bus service even though the AODA is built on what was supposed to be phase two of Pop Century).

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

I would not base your hotel stay on the resort restaurants, from experience, you will just not be there that often to really worry about it, with the DDP you can pretty much eat ANYWHERE in WDW. I would stick with the moderate resort if you already booked one.

jos

9. Re: I need help deciding on which disney hotel!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:20