We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter ride?

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter ride?

Just got back from Islands of Adventure, and wanted to get feedback on how you liked the Harry Potter ride.. I totally got sick from it which ruined our trip. Motion sickness was brutal. Did you guys like it??

Mentioned in this post
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of...
36,135 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter ride?

Loved it, thought it was probably the best ride I've ever been on. No sickness at all, although my DH felt a bit queazy after we got off.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter ride?

I was sick, literally and figuratively. I'm the HP fan in our house; Fred went along just because I was so anxious to see and do it all. I worried I wouldn't fit in the test seat, then squeezed myself in and was elated when I fit. Got nauseous somewhere around the spiders and was done for a good hour afterwards. Fred, on the other hand, converted, and is now the world's greatest promoter of the Forbidden Journey.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,678 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter ride?

I plan on not riding it when I go unfortunately because of all the reports of motion sickness (also reports of people throwing up after!!).

I appreciate you posting your experience :)

hampshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter ride?

yep i threw up, felt sick after a minute and had to be sick in my pastic bag as soon as i got off the ride. I then felt rough for the next two hours. saying that my kids loved it. Next time i am going to try sea sick tablets as i missed most of th ride because i was trying not to vomit.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter ride?

Loved it....no sick feeling at all, although the ride stopped for 10 mins and being claustrophobic I started to panic as I didn't like the shoulder bars restraining me from escaping. Lol

England
Level Contributor
815 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harry Potter ride?

I experianced sickness on this ride in February also, but not from myself but from the person next to me. All over my right side. Yuk. Had to go and buy new clothes and wash so I coould travel back to the hotel.

England
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harry Potter ride?

Does it spin? I can get motion sick, but I'm much worse on something that spins round quickly or just goes in a circle (aka the waltzers!). Anything high speed or that goes up and down (all rollercoasters unless there's a lot of loops) I'm fine with.

I'm a mass Harry Potter fan so I'm going to take my chance - not sure whether to take a travel sickness tablet tho as they tend to make me drowsy for most of the day (but preferable to vomit!)

Mentioned in this post
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of...
36,135 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Harry Potter ride?

no it does not spin ,but it makes me motion sick ,but i still enjoy the ride .Every time i start to feel too sick i just close my eyes and that seems to help as i think its looking at the screen that actually makes you feel sick not so much the movement of the ride.

Yes i would go ahead a take the chance SpamboEngland just close you eyes when it gets too much for you ,it nothing like a Waltzer

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harry Potter ride?

I get motion sickness and had none on this at all, but im clever at it now lol, i dont follow flying thing too closely, i always look away for a bit, I laughed the whole time i was on it, thought it was great.,best Ive been on.

shropshire
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harry Potter ride?

We went on yesterday and none of us were motion sick in the slightest and I can get it from watching movies, spiderman was worse for me but I just closed my eyes at the worse bits.