We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magical kingdom restaurants

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Topic
Magical kingdom restaurants

I have looked online at the restaurants that magical kingdom has and there doesn't seem to be many sit down restaurants without character dining? We are already doing Donald's breakfast at AK... Any one have any reccomendations of a good place to eat at MK? It'll be extra magic hours so if there's a restaurant close by we could even leave and return I guess. Also because I'm coming from Australia how to I book my reservations? Over the phone? ( how do i call international numbers ) Or is there a way online?

Thank you :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

You can book reservations online …go.com/reservations/dining/

If you don't like the options in the park, it is easy to travel to Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian (via monorail) or Wilderness Lodge (via boat) for a a nice sit down meal

Check out allears.net or wdwinfo.com for menus.

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

I would highly recomend Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, Wispering Canyon or Artist point at the Wilderness Lodge

Menus

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

Tony's Town Square in Magic Kingdom is good. We ate there last November and the meals were good and plenty of food:)

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

Full service dining at the MK is really skewed more to character or entertainment dining more than the other parks. There is a full service restaurant called the Liberty Tree Tavern.. I believe it has family style dining, you sit at long tables to eat but it is full service. I'm unsure of the quality and all the details since we've never eaten there. We eat at the Columbia House which is in the same general area but it is a counter service place, it's pretty good.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

I have eaten numerous times at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and i think it is quite good. For many years, it was a character dining restaurant, with the characters dressed in frontier attire. Around three years ago, the character dining ended, but we have continued eating there since then. As noted in post 4, the food is served family style, which means that each course is served in a big bowl or platter, and you can ask for refills if you want. However, contrary to post 4, there are various sized tables, and you don't eat with any other groups (like you do at Biergarden). A bonus is that the Liberty Tree is divided into a number of rooms, which keeps the noise level down.

Florida
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

Cinderella's castle has character dining. If it is full you can stop by early evening and get in. Also, Chef Mickey's has character dining at the Contemporary Resort and you can reach it by monorail. The monirail actually drives through the Contemporary resort.

stockport
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

I have been listening to some podcasts of late and The Plaza got a good review. Take a look at thedisneyfoodblog.com, thats pretty good.

Ohana's is really good

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

I second the suggestion for Kona at the Polynesian Resort. Just hop on the resort line monorail right outsidethe Magic Kingdom entrance, get off at the Polynseian Resort. kona is on the second floor ofthe main house.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

Thank you everyone !!

I will check them all out tonight !!

:)

Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magical kingdom restaurants

I agree about Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is not bad and it seems to be open later and seems to escape the onslaught of crowds (even on the 4th of JulY!!!!). It is where we head (at least 5 times) when we want to eat fast and hearty without a fight with stroller mobs.