We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

Hi,

despite my best efforts i havent managed to get a lunch time ADR for le cellier during our trip at the end of September.

does anyone know if they keep any tables aside for walk ins? if so whats the best time to get there?

or is there a good time to keep checking back to see if there are any cancellations?

wigan
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

hi beth,dont think they do walk ins,we tried to get in on our first trip...no chance!

However booked the last time and was really not impressed at all with it,so if i were you i'd be glad you saved your money,or try and book for somewhere else.

Marish

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

Agree with marish terribly overated especially since joining the dining plan

Try Via Napoli, one of our favourites :)

manchester
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

hi..keep trying...people cancel...the first few times i call they were booked but i got a booking...so keep calling or go online..

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

We had a fantastic lunch there a few weeks ago. I know how hard it is to get a reservation as this is now our third trip and we finally got one, only right at our 180 day mark.

You can keep trying, as you may get lucky with a cancellation. Because it is such a popular venue, they do not usually take walk-ins.

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

We were not impressed with our meal there, and would not return there, save those penny's

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

IMHO, its not a bad thing, food there is not good, it used to be a great restaurant years ago but sadly it has gone downhill the past couple of years, not sure why. We stopped going after Nov 2010. Now it just seems like a way over-hyped, over priced restaurant.

Instead of le Cellier try Via Napoli (fabulous italian food) or even better La Hacienda- (EXCELLENT mexican food) they are much better choices!

Jos

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

Hi. We had lunch reservations right when the restaurant opened and quite a few people just walked in and were able to be seated right away so if you are there at lunch time I would try then. I was surprised at how many people got seated without reservations and we had our reservation for months. That was the only time we could get. As others mentioned it's overrated. Been there twice and it was okay. The famous cheese soup was salty and bitter tasting. The filet with risotto was quite good but not really worth the price in my opinion. Atmosphere was nice but that's about it. My husband said he's all set with it.I have to agree.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

We just dined at Le Cellier again (after a long break, due to mediocre meals), 2 weeks ago. As CDN experienced, our meal was wonderful. The new chef has really brought back the LeCellier, we all used to know and love. (and the reason it's very difficult to secure an ADR) If you haven't dined here recently, you're missing out!

Beth: Keep trying for a cancellation, particularly at the 45 day mark. This is when Disney packages have to be paid in full, and many cancel their holidays and ADRs open up.

Panama
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

I've been unable to get ressies for certain restaurants at the 180 day mark, not even at the 180 + vacation dates mark.

Last year I was able to book most a month before the trip! Availability will open up... just keep insisting online...

Cheers!

Marquibir

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: didnt manage to get ADR for Le Cellier...

For some reason the pp group seems to have turned on Le Cell. They only choose Hacienda and Via Nap. Don't give up on this Canadian treasure.